Chapter 10 - The Date

Finally Friday came rolling around and I kind of felt excited. Chase came home that night after hanging out with, I'm assuming Gretchen aka 'whore', but we didn't speak, he walked straight to his room. I saw him at school and in classes but I tried to ignore him, I felt like he was too for some weird reason, has the wicked witch said bad things about me to him or something.

I finally snapped out of my thoughts when someone knocked on my door. "Come in" I yelled. The door opened and my sister came in. She was in her pjays so I assumed she was having a night at home with dad.

"Hey, you look stunning" she smiled looking at my outfit. I wore something causal yet outgoing. I wore grey skinny legs jeans with black knee high leather boots, and a black lace tank top, I had my hair straightened and out. I wore some eyeliner and mascara and some light pink lipgloss. "Really?" I asked.

"Yup, now come on, your date is here" she stated and I felt all giddy. I followed her down the stairs when I got to the bottom my eyes stopped at the handsome guy who stood before me. It was Brent, he's black hair looked nicely gelled, his big brown eyes were captivating, he wore a black dress shirt with blue jeans and AirMax shoes. He looked really decent tonight. I smiled when I saw the smile on his face. "Wow, you look incredible" he breathed nervously. I chuckled and said " thanks you don't look to bad yourself".

"Alright now, you will keep your hands off my daughter at all times, you will not take her to any clubs, discos, parties or whatever you kids wanna call it, and your to have her back by 11pm sharp!" My dad's stern voice scared Brent.

"Uh yes sir, of course" Brent answered politely. We were just about ready to leave when Chase walked down the stairs. I turned to face him and I wish I hadn't. He was looking at me with hurt filled in his eyes, he looked really upset and I couldn't help but wonder why he looked so mad.

"Chase, are you ok?" I asked concerned. He looked like he was having a mini heart attack. He nodded and then he forced a smile onto his face. "You look very beautiful tonight Evie" and with that he walked into the kitchen. I felt tingles when he said my name and I missed talking to him, but sadly he was with the whore so I didn't stand a chance anyway.

"Ok, well were leaving now, bye daddy" I smiled and hugged my dad. "Take care of yourself ok baby" he whispered in my ear.

"Of course I will dad" I reassured him. We walked out the door and I couldn't see his car. "Um where's your car?" I asked looking around.

"I don't have a car, I have a motor bike" he said walking towards a motorbike that was parked in front of my house.

"Um WHAT?! I Can't ride on a motorbike I get scared" I shrieked but immediately regret it because now he thinks I'm a little baby.

He laughed and said "Don't worry I won't go fast"

He handed me a helmet and he helped me on the bike. "Hold onto me"
I did as I was told and as soon as I wrapped my arms around his waist he kicked the motor into life and we roared down the street. I gotta say I was scared but then I relaxed and it was actually fun, he didn't go too fast but we weren't going slow either, just enough to feel an adrenaline rush.

We stopped outside of a bowling arcade. I love bowling and I'm really good too. We got off the motorbike and made our way inside the big arcade.

Brent held my hand as we walked in and I felt kind of excited. "Hi there, how many games would you like?" A friendly looking lady behind the reception area asked.

"Just 1 game for 2 people" Brent said and began to open his wallet. He handed her money and she asked for our names so she can put them into the lanes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was so funny, I can't believe you went after the ball" I was laughing so hard that tears began to fall down from my eyes.

"Well the ball went too slow, I thought if I went in after it it would hurry up" he defended.

"Your just jealous cos I won" I gloated. "Trust me I let you win"

"Where to now?" I asked. He pointed to a little cosy looking diner and I was glad because I was actually feeling hungry.

We slid into one of the available booths as it was busy with teens.

A lady came and placed menus on our table and asked for our order.

"Ladies first" Brent smiled. "What a gentleman" I chuckled.
"Can I please have a bean burrito wrap and a coke please" I ordered.
"And I'll get the same thing but with a sprite" Brent said.

"Sure thing, won't be long" she smiled and walked away.

Shortly afterwards our meals arrived and we both dug in immediately, I guess we were both hungry.

~~~~~~~

"Thank you so much for everything" I said as we walked up the front of my house. "No worries Evie, I had a lot of fun"

"Me too" I smiled. We were standing in front of the front door.
"Evie?"

"Yeah?"

"I want to kiss you so bad, but I don't want to ruin the night, it's going so perfect"

"You won't ruin it, I had a blast tonight" I admitted it was fun, and Brent was such a bad guy, I mean he was really sweet and funny.

"Thanks Evie" he smiled and began leaning forward. My heart began picking up it's pace and I felt super nervous, apart of me wanted to kiss him but another part of me kept thinking about Chase.
What happened next surprised me, I felt Brent's warm soft lips against my cheek, he gave me a soft peck and moved away. "Goodnight Evie" he smiled and walked back towards his motorbike leaving me totally speechless.