Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The bell rang, waking me up from my little nap. Finally! I get to see Ren again! It was miserable having class without him. I got up from my desk and started quickly walking towards the front of the school.

When I got there, Ren wasn't there. I was a little disappointed, knowing he probably got lost. He'd find his way soon, so I sat on a near by bench to wait. After about 3 minutes, he still wasn't there and the bell was about to ring. I started to get worried.

I got up and looked down the hallway his class was in, to find it empty. Where the hell was he!? I told him to meet me by the front door it's not that hard! You walk down the hallway and there it is! How could he possibly get lost!?

I felt my anger overthrow my worry as the late bell rang. I stomped to class, hoping his happy little ass would be in there.

When I swung open the door, all eyes were on my when I interrupted Mrs. Banks' speech about Lewis and Clark. I felt my cheeks get warm and I hung my head low going to my seat by the window. I look around. Ren was nowhere to be seen. I sigh. What has that kitty gotten himself into now?

I decided I really need to try to focus this class, since I have a D. Reason being, I dot really focus on what Mrs. Banks is saying, just her. She was the youngest teacher in school, only 25. She was beautiful and me, being a hormonal young boy, found her unbelievably attractive. But since I have Ren now, I'm hoping it will be a little easier to focus.

Ren. He was just the cutest little thing ever. I was so glad I had him! But now that I think about it, I've never really officially asked him to be my boyfriend. Although, then I would HAVE to show him affection at school or else I could cause him depression. Plus, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?

I sighed out loud again, missing Ren still. "Am I boring you Keegan?" Mr. Banks asks, pulling me away from the distracting thoughs. I blushed as she started right at me, along with everyone else in the classroom.

"Oh um no I um..." I stutter, looking down at my desk. There was a heart drawn on it with a M and an A. Aww sweet!

"Well then I suggest you pay attention, we are having a test over this tomorrow." She says matter-of-factly. Everyone in the class groans but I just look out the window. My love for Ren was growing deeper everyday and his absence was really nerve racking.

I spend the rest of the class watching the dark clouds roll in. The weather really just matched my mood at the moment. I was just starting to nod off again when the bell rang. I bolted out of my chair and into the hallway.

When I got there, I looked around frantically for my little Neko. I was about to start panicking when I saw a large group gathered around something/someone. I squeezed my way through and, no surprise, Jasper was in the middle. Jasper was the most popular 10th grader in school, he was on the football team with me, basketball, and a huge player. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary except he had his arm around someone. Ren. A very undisguised Ren.

My eyes got so big, I'm surprised they stayed in my head. He was just snuggled up underneath Jasper's arm, totally open. His Neko ears were perked up, as he liked the attention he was getting. People tried touching him, but Jasper told them not to. I was close to tearing off someone's head when I started listening to what the people around me where saying.

"He's some kind of cat!" "He's so cute!" "I think Jasper has a thing for him." "Aww! I wanted him!" "What the hell? That thing is a freak of nature!"

And that was it. I pushed my way through the croud, grabbed Ren by the wrist, and yanked him right back out. I heard many protests behind me and I practically dragged Ren away. I ran as fast as I could, without leaving him behind, towards the bathroom. When we got in, I shut and locked the door, making sure no one else was inside.

"Hey! Why did you do that, Keegan?" He complained but I didn't bother answering. I pulled him towards me by the waist and hungrily kissed him. That kiss grew deeper with each second but was ended when we ran out of breath.

"Keegan?" He asked me, obviously confused. I didn't look him in the eyes. I felt a lump form in my throat. All the things those people said, the way Jasper was holding him, how happy he looked... it was all too much. I felt as if I could lose him at any second.

"I'm sorry." My voice cracked at the end, the tears finally coming. I looked away but felt Ren's hand on my chest.

"Look at me." He commanded. I squeezed my eyes shut for a second but did as I was told. "Why are you acting like this?" He simply asks me. He moves his hand to my chin, stroking it gently.

I shake my head and fake a smile. "It's nothing, I'm sorry." I barely had a chance to finish my sentence when we heard banging on bathroom door.

"Ren!? Ren, are you in there!? Are you okay!? Who took you?" I could hear Jasper say from behind the door. He actually sounded worried. Ren pulled away from me trying to go for the door.

"I'm okay Jasper!" He shouted and my heart literally broke on the spot. I grabbed Ren by the arm and pulled him close to me, covering his mouth.

"Go away Jasper. Ren isn't going to be another one of your play toys." I say, quite rudely. I hear him laugh.

"Do you think I'm really that heartless? I could never use a Neko and just throw him away! I couldn't even if I wanted to. I want to keep Ren safe. That's why I'm here. So just open the door." He demanded and Ren tried to say something, but it was muffled by my hand.

"If this son of a bitch thinks he can take MY Ren, he is greatly mistaken." I say more to myself than anyone else. Ren looks up at me with big eyes, a hint of something lingering in them. I picked him up and set him on the sink counter. "Stay."

I opened the bathroom door to a smiling Jasper. "Finally come to your senses?" He asked but didn't give me chance to answer. "Come on Ren, let's go."

I glared at Ren, signaling him to just sit back down again. "Okay, let's get something straight," I begin. "Ren is mine. He was mine way before he was yours. In fact, he never was yours! So I'd appreciate it if you would just leave." I try to be a little nice at first, my confidence rising. It was soon crushed though when he grabbed me by the collar, bringing me way to close to his face.

"He's yours? What are you? Some faggot? I just want to keep him safe. Now you're putting him in danger; of becoming gay. Just fuck off!" He shoved me down and walked over to Ren, picking him up off the sink and wrapping a loose arm around his shoulder. Ren looked at me, his eyes full of pity.

Come back Ren...

=====

Meh... ;-; I'm making myself sad!!

Well, I hope you liked that chapter anyways!! In the next chapter, I'm thinking about doing Jasper's P.O.V. so you can see what's going on in his head!

My parents let me skip school today so I will write as much as I can ^-^ hopefully, I can get another chapter in today!! c:

Well, I better get to writing!!! Please comment your thoughts about this chapter or just the book in general! I love seeing everyone's comments, I'll even reply is you do!! ^3^

Don't forget to:
Comment/vote/follow/share

~Maddie Kat