Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"D-Dad!?" I breath out in pure shock. I shove Michael away quickly. He says nothing, also shocked by the man before us. I look over at Ren and Jasper, expecting to see the same reaction, but Jasper still holds tightly onto a nervous looking Ren.

"Dad, really! This isn't what it looks like! ..well, I mean, it kinda is. Those to jumped us!! In our own driveway!" I point to the two who basically ruined my life. He gives them both glares but his eyes settle on the small Neko boy.

"What about him... the one with the ears?" He asks, his voice clear and defined, as it has always been. I scratch my neck, and look back over at the two. I feel anger boil inside me as I see Ren isn't quite as nervous as before, being held almost protectively.

I stomp over, grabbing Ren's wrist. I roughly yank him away, and to my surprise, Jasper let's go easily. I pull Ren to my chest, placing a kiss between his fluffy cat ears. I think of what I'll say to my dad... lie or be honest? It's not like he won't find out eventually, I told my mom already so she'd probably tell him. I take a deep breath and look my father straight in the eyes.

"This is my boyfriend, Ren." I say, my voice cracking on 'boyfriend.' His glare deepens but soon fades away. He smiles, a fake one of course, and looks towards the two boys who had no right to be there.

"Go home, you two. And don't come back unless you want to be six feet under as well." He says, still smiling. Michael jumps up, ready to go, but Jasper glares back at him. After a few seconds of a glare-off, Jasper turns and walks alongside Michael in the opposite direction.

I sigh, my arms going loose around Ren. Guessing "as well" meant I was the one going to be dead... great. My father waves us into the house and Ren grips onto my wrist tightly.

As we walk inside, and surprisingly, it was clean and smelled nice. My mom had known my father was coming home. Why didn't she tell me? I sigh as my father leads me into the kitchen. My mother stood by the stove, her hair fixed and makeup on. This was the most put together she's been for a while. I almost smile at the warm feeling but, considering the circumstances, I chose not to.

"Jenny, did you know that our son has been dating some.. some freak?" My father asked in an almost creepily calm voice. My mom looked from my dad to me to Ren. Her eyes lingered on Ren for a while, her face expressionless.

"Yes Austin, I did." She stood up, turning to my father, who no one really called Austin. "But he is not a freak. He is a sweet little helpless kid. I know it's a shock to hear that your son is gay and for... a cat boy. But you should really give it a chance." She said with not much confidence. No one stood up to my father like that. No one who wanted to live.

My dad pinched the bridge of his nose, as though he had a headache, and laughed. "You want me to give this a chance?" He asked calmly, still smiling. I knew what was to come. A huge explosion of yelling and sometimes hitting. I took a few steps back, my arm protectively placed around Ren's waist.

My dad suddenly pounded his fists on the kitchen counter, making us all jump. "I... will... NOT let my son become some FAGGOT!!" He screamed. Ren held onto me tightly with his face buried in my chest.

"Austin!" My mother yelled at him and he just became angrier. He shook his head and started towards me. I tried to back away quickly but Ren was so nervous and clammy it was hard to pull him along with me. He took hold of my collar and yanked me up. I regrettably let go of Ren, who quickly turned into a cat, rushing away.

"You are not going to be gay. Not in this house." He spat in my face, snarling. I tried to blink back my tears but miserably failed.

"B-But Dad.." I begin. "I can't help it! I love Ren!" My voice quivered but he didn't seem to lighten up.

"Well then," he threw me down. I landed roughly and looked up at my dad with even more tears than before. "GET OUT!" He yelled, pointing towards the door. I tried to protests but he just screamed again. So I rushed out, hoping Ren would find me soon.

Outside, it was getting pretty dark. I walked along the sidewalk. What was I supposed to do now? I wiped my tear stained cheeks and sighed. So now I'm gay and homeless... yay me...

=====

Oh god that was so short >~< so sorry! I just haven't updated in such a long time, I felt the need to put something on there.

I've just been sooooo busy! I had softball and dance practice and dealing with my crazy ass mom.. I just haven't had the time to write :c

But I will try to write a little more now :) I love you all <3 thanks for reading my story, it means a lot to me!! :3

Don't forget to:

Comment/vote/follow/share

Thanks!!

~Maddie Kat