34. Preppy Boy

01x11; Capybara

-

Rose shot awake, and sighing, recognizing where she was. She shot up, and went straight to the bathroom, looking at her appearance. Still in a t-shirt and leggings from last night. She looked down, and saw she was still wearing her combat boots. She winced at the sunlight peeking through the windows, before heading towards Jax's room.

Sure, she thought about wearing one of Vincent's shirts. But it would've been too obvious if she did. Plus, the fast food that was probably still sitting on the roof might also be a giveaway. She walked into Jax's room, and picked up a t-shirt to smell it. It smelled like his cologne, thankfully no BO. She tossed her t-shirt on the ground before slipping his on. She dug around in his drawers, hoping a crow eater left a hair tie behind. She found a navy scrunchie, before tying her hair up in a bun.

She went downstairs to see some Sons and crow eaters playing pool, as always. Her mind was on getting coffee as fast as she could.

"Hey, you left this on one of the pool tables. Try to stop sleeping on them." The crow eater scoffed as she handed Rose her ipod with its earbuds.

"Thanks." Rose mumbled before walking out. The crow eater was rude, but she was just a crow eater. Rose didn't care. She frowned as she saw another woman talking to Gemma as she walked out of the clubhouse.

"Do you know where Brea is?" Rose questioned as Gemma and the woman stopped talking.

"Probably working, baby." Gemma said as she continued her conversation with the woman, waving Rose off.

Rose walked over to Piney, who was staring at the two.

"Who's the granny?" Rose mumbled as she leaned against a car with Piney.

"Funny, she used to be one." He mumbled as well, maybe Rose widen her eyes at him, feeling embarrassed by name calling her. "Just like your momma."

"Was she yours?" Rose frowned.

"Yeah. Didn't like the club shit." Piney shrugged. "I don't know why she's here."

"And why she's talking to my mom." Rose added.

"Without your mom, as much as your brother and father don't want to admit it, the club would fall apart." Piney explained. "She's doing what she's gotta do right now." He said before shrugging and walking away from Rose.

"Nice talk, Piney." She mumbled where no one could hear, as she sat there and thought about how she would be the clubs emotional leverage soon, as well. Graduation was coming up fast, she could already feel the responsibilities weighing down on her.

"Hey, I'm going to see Abel, you comin'?" Gemma asked as she walked past Rose.

"Yeah," Rose nodded softly before following her mom into the car.