72: Are You Okay?

03x01; SO

-

Rose wanted to call her mom, she wanted to call Tig in order to reach Gemma, and she wanted to call Clay to maybe even forward the message. She nervously grabbed onto the necklace her grandmother had given her the last time she saw her, and somewhat reminiscing it.

It seemed as if everything around her was falling apart. It wasn't the best time to cry to Vincent about it, he was going through his own loss and she told herself she was going to be there for him. This was sadly something she needed to deal with alone, or until she saw Gemma.

She kneeled against the kitchen counter, trying to keep her breathing under control as the two deaths weighed down on her. She quickly wiped away her tears, and sighed before grabbing the newspaper and throwing it away.

This was the worst timing, but she calmed herself down before going to the room she shared with Vincent.

She got into the shower once Vincent was done, and just closed her eyes as the warm water hit her skin. Nothing felt real. She could feel it hit her skin, but for some reason, her brain convinced her it wasn't for a split second. For that split second, it felt like Kip was alive. It felt like Rose Madock alive. It felt like Esai was alive.

When Esai shot through her mind, she reminded herself where she was. She was happy with Vincent. Hell, she basically lived with him. She looked around the shower feeling slightly guilty when Esai crossed her mind.

-

The drive there was silent, and Rose reached over to grab his hand, and squeezed it. Like he always does, he kissed her hand. This reminded Rose he was okay for now, dreading how the funeral will go.

As they pulled up, she saw Brea and Happy were both there. She was excited to see Brea in what felt like forever, regardless of what they were gathered for.

"Are you ready?" Rose frowned as she parked.

"Yeah." Vincent sighed.

The two walked towards the funeral home with Vincent's hand snaked around Rose's waist.

"Brea," Rose called out. Brea was talking to Happy, but saw Rose and smiled.

"Hi," She smiles weakly, before walking towards Rose. Rose stepped away from Vincent, hugging Brea.

"How've you been?" Rose asked as she released the hug. Brea hugged Vincent as well before answering. The rest of the guys showed up as well, and Rose waited for Vincent to wander over there, but he stayed by her side.

"I've been... okay." Brea grinned confidently. "You?"

Rose grabbed Vincent's hand since he was standing close to her anyways. "As great as one would be in this situation." Rose smiled weakly, and Vincent just looked at the ground. "But otherwise, yeah, great—"