♤ten : closets♤

♤ten : closets♤

I had no more questions to ask. I was one of them now. There would be no more things to ponder. Nothing else to question. One more day would change my life forever.

That day, I became a Mersley.

<+>+<+>+<+>+<+>+<+>+<+>+<+>

I approached the hard concrete steps to my new home. Aunt Jen opened the door to their elegant three story house. I felt right at home. Of course, why wouldn't I? We came here every Thanksgiving, and all of the birthdays in the huge family were hosted here. It was a wonderful house, with a dreadfully safe neighborhood.

As we walked in, I looked around at all of the pictures sitting on the tabletops. Andrew glanced down at me. "How's it going?" he inquired.

"Uhm, it's.... uh, going." I replied.

Aaron's hearty laugh shattered the silence. We both stared at him.

Through his outbursts, we got a little out of him. "Remember--hahaha--when----HAHAHAAHA---you---heh heh---fell--*gaspp*---off of---hahahha--the merry go round--hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!!"

Andrew looked down at his shoes shamefully and I laughed right along with Aaron. Only two years apart, Aaron 17, and Andrew 19, the adopted brothers were very close. Andrew punched him in the shoulder, and I laughed even harder, glad to finally be a part of something.

Aaron showed me up to his room.

"Dude, I'm not an idiot, I've been here before...." I sarcastically told him.

"Yeah, but you haven't seen the new addition!" He chuckled in reply.

New Addition?

"Yes, the new addition, stupid."

he said in a mocking voice.

He opened his door, and led me to his closet, which seemed to be a little larger than last time. He tapped lightly on the closet door and gracefully pushed it open with his fingertips. Inside was a white, blue, and purple striped room with a bed, a nightstand, and one wall of hangers. It even had a door to a bathroom, which was really small in size, but hey, it could fit all of my makeup and hair supplies, so I wasn't complaining! I was so grateful, I wasn't even sure how to express it.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank youuuuu!" I excitedly babbled in a singsong voice. "Oh, I love it SOOOO much!"

"We thought you would like it." Aunt Jen examined knowingly.

"Timmy dear here painted, assembled, and created the whole thing! He built your bed and dressers, and assembled the bathroom!"

I was shocked. "I don't even know what to say!"

Aunt Jen and the boys smiled at me. "Just know we all love you a lot, and we are really excited to have you as part of our family!"

"Awww, I love you guys too! Thank you so much!!" I gave everyone a hug, this had to be the best thing that had happened so far.