♤sixteen : desires♤

♤sixteen : desires♤

The ugly excuse for a classroom was mortifying. I didn't know what to do. In this stupid classroom or anywhere else! I was as clueless as....as...as....awh screw it I don't know.....

"Still, may I please see your phone?" I inquired smartly. I had to keep this argument going...it may be wasting his time, but it was buying me more time to think.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Smart Aleck. Taking my phone is a violation of the school laws." He shot back angrily.

"Then how is taking their private conversation during this class not a violation of privacy? I do believe that this particular school has no such 'laws' as to note-passing. If so, I would be absolutely delighted to see them." I wasn't sure how that came out to Mr. Kinsler. I hoped he would realize I was not trying to arise an argument, just sound smart, while proving a point that was most politically correct.

"If you so desire to break our rules, feel free to leave!!" He yelled, spitting as he talked. Sweat dripped down his forehead, he was insanely angry.

I observed the situation carefully.

Okay, so I had two options.

•Take him up on his offer.

or

•Stay and be miserable

Hmmm. Both would lead to consequences.

Idea number one would lead to trouble and probably suspension and detention.

Idea number two would probably lead to boredom and defeat.

Ehhh.

"Miss Mersley? Would you like to comply?"

I chose my answer, and figured there was no going back. I stood up and glanced around the room. I bowed over dramatically and fake-like. I bent over so far that my long blonde hair touched the floor. As I rose again from the impolite bow, wide eyes looked back at me with puzzled expressions. With that, I blew open the door with my fists, and walked out of the class.