Chapter Ten

-Chapter Ten-

                “Cerberus!” Hades called to his Rottweiler. Well, more like a Rottweiler the size of a 5 five story building… with three heads. “Come here, boy.” The beast bounded to his master obediently. It was almost sun-down though you really couldn’t tell.

                “Master.” Cerberus said to Hades in his mind link as he took a small bow. Hades rubbed each head, careful not to spend too long on one. “Have you brought my dinner?”

                “Of course, Cerb.” Hades set out the bowls of food and watched as the mighty dog ate. Cerberus was the offspring of Typhaon, the last of the titans, and Echidna, the half beautiful woman, half vicious snake. When Zeus killed the titans and rescued his siblings from the belly of their father, Hades found Cerberus and took him to the Underworld. “I had a dream last night.” Hades began. If there was anyone he could trust with this information, it was Cerberus.

                “What about, my lord?” Cerberus asked as all three heads looked at their master.

                “The baby. It will be here in only a few more days I presume.” Hades looked towards Cerberus who was still listening intently. “In my dream, the baby murdered me.”

                “That’s foolish. How could a baby, even an immortal one, murder a GOD?” Cerberus cocked all three of his heads.

                “Well in my dream the baby was grown.” Hades gave a ‘duh’ tone. “And I don’t know how they did it… maybe they drugged me with something to turn me mortal and then petrified me with some sort of power they had. Whatever happened I don’t know how to stop it.”

                “You could always kill the baby.”

                “I could never do that! Sephie loves it… I couldn’t just murder it.”

                “Just throwing out some ideas, boss.”

                “Well thank you but I’m not quite sure that will work.”

                “You could always just get over it.”

                “You’re a tremendous help, Cerberus.” Hades said sarcastically. “But I have to go tend to my wife now.”

                “Good luck, boss!” Cerberus called as Hades walked away with a light smile on his face. Even though he really wasn’t the sharpest sword in the sheath, he still managed to make Hades a happy god. And that was saying a lot.

                “You’re so beautiful.” Hades purred seductively into Persephone’s ear as they sat on the balcony.

                “You’ve said that twenty times tonight.” Persephone said as she laughed at his childishness.

                “It’s true.” They smiled and he kissed her cheek.

                “I can’t believe we only have a month before I have to leave.” Persephone said, making Hades pull away from her.

                “And I can’t believe you brought it up.” He straightened his back and looked out across the fields of Elysium where spirits were dancing and laughing, unlike the ones in Asphodel.

                “We both knew it would have to happen sometime.”

                “But we don’t have to talk about it.”