Where it all began

On the morning of Saturday, March 1st, I got out of bed like I never had before. Why? It was Magcon day of course! After getting out of the shower, I put on my already planned out outfit: a Shawn Mendes baseball tee, my favorite pair of light-wash high wasted shorts & my coral vans. I pulled my long, wavy hair into a half up, half down & put in my favorite flower crown headband. Next I applied light makeup which consisted of a small amount of liquid foundation which I set with powder & then mascara for my lashes.

I looked my self once over & then grabbed my black iPhone 5S along with a small black beaded cross body bag & some cash & I was out the door. I sat in my white 2013 Toyota Camry & texted my best friend Camille.

"I'm on my way! See ya in 10 baeeee 😜"

She replied almost instantly, "I'll be ready! LETS GO TO MAGCON!! 👏"

With that, I plugged my iPhone into the car & jammed to Paradise by Jack & Jack all the way to Camille's house.

Camille must have been waiting for me because as soon as I pulled into her driveway, she bolted from her house.

"AAAAH we are going to Magcon! This is going to be the best day ever!" I exclaimed as Camille jumped in the passenger seat.

"I know right?! I don't know how long I can wait!"

My friend Camille was sort of the opposite of me. Like I mentioned before, I had long, dark wavy hair, while Camille's was long, straight & a dirty blond color. I was tall, skinny & tan (I'm half white & half black), & Camille is short, but skinny as well. You know what they say, "every tall girl needs a short best friend." Boy is that true.

Me & Camille jammed to all of Jack & Jacks songs & Taylor Caniff's "Buckwild", on repeat. Eventually Camille fell asleep on our three hour car ride from Wisconsin to Chicago, Illinois, so I was just me & the boys.

I decided to let Camille sleep for the majority of the trip & only woke her when I needed help with directions.

"Camille! Wakeeee uppppp! We are in Chicago!" With the sound of that, she was up in an instant.

"Oh my god! I feel asleep! Did I mess up my hair? Is my makeup okay? The boys can't see me like this! Alicia helpppp!"

I laughed at this, "Camille you look gorgeous as always. Now help me out! How do we get to the hotel from here?"

Camille whipped out her iPhone & entered the hotel address into her maps. I was so excited to see the hotel. It obviously had to be super nice if it is the one the boys were staying in. What if we were on the same floor...

My thoughts were interrupted by Camille's directions, "Alright you are going to take this next exit then take an immediate right. It's all the way on the end of that street!"

After following the directions she gave me, we arrived at a huge Hilton hotel. We parked as close as we could but there were obviously a lot of people here, most likely all for Magcon.

Camille & I grabbed our bags & headed in the front door. Checking in was easy & we found out we were on the fifth floor, room 543. We walked into the ginormous room & each picked a bed. We decided together that we would spend time in the room later but that we should now explore the hotel.

We found out that the hotel had a huge pool, a nice workout room & free breakfast. After going up & down the elevators & exploring for over an hour, we looked at our phones to see that it was 2:30. We headed down to the lobby since the event would officially start at 3:15 & we wanted to be at least a little early.

Once we got to the lobby, there was already a mob of girls in front of the conference room where the event would be held. We were older than a lot of the girls so we pushed our way to as far front of the mob as we could get.

At 3:00 a couple of managers came around to give us wristbands & let a few in a time. Since we were towards the front, we luckily were in the first group they let in. The boys were sitting at tables, signing anything you wanted but me & Camille had V.I.P. tickets so we decided we could see the boys later. We went to the stage area & stood in the very front. We unrolled our huge poster which said "We are Buckwild for you Tay! Pick us!"

By 3:30 everyone had made their way to the stage & management took our attention. They talked for a while until Mahogany came out & got us all hyped for the boys. The first song she played was Lipgloss & I knew exactly what that meant. The boys came out on stage & started doing their signature move to the song. I got a couple videos & had to vine & snap chat the dance as well. Taylor was right in front of me & Camille & he made eye contact with me within the first couple minutes of the show.

The boys proceeded doing their thing & during break, Camille got picked to get a piggy back ride from Matt. I was sort of jealous, but super happy for her at the same time. When it was time to bring girls up on stage, Taylor walked right over to me & Camille & pulled us up on stage. I was nervous at first, but then I realized; I'm on stage with the Magcon boys! I had to make an impression. I started just being myself & when Cameron noticed me, he came over & danced with me. Matt started dancing with Camille once again & I honestly didn't want the moment to end.

When it was time for the performances, they didn't want to kick us offstage so we stood on the sides with the boys who weren't performing. Taylor put his arm around me & even asked my name! Our conversation was cut short though when they announced that it was his turn to perform Buck Wild. The performance was crazy & afterwards the whole crowd was so hype.

Taylor surprisingly came right back to where me & Camille were standing when he was done with his song. "that was awesome! You killed it!" I yelled to him over the noise.

"Thanks! It was all for you," Taylor told me as he winked. "I gotta go again though! Talk later?" he asked.

"Of course!" I replied. He smiled at me & ran back to where most of the boys were standing.

I couldn't believe that a Magcon boy was actually talking to me, let alone my favorite, Taylor Caniff!

Me & Taylor conversed for short intervals a couple more times before the show was over & it was time for the V.I.P. pictures. Matt did a picture kissing Camille on the cheek & another picking her up. We took pictures with all the other boys & Taylor was left for last.

"Can I get your number Alicia?" Taylor asked. At first I couldn't believe the words came out his mouth.

"Uh yeah it's..." I honestly was so shocked by the fact that I just gave Taylor Caniff my number.

"Cool. I'll text you later if you want to hang out," Taylor said calmly. All I could do was smile & nod because I felt like I was going to cry tears of joy.