Chapter #24 Hiding

NICK 

  I woke up this morning and when I looked in the mirror I had a big ol' shiner. A black eye. The more I looked at it the more I didn't want to go to school. I sucked it up and hoped that nobody would ask about it. I got dressed and walked to the bus stop. Walking up I realized Lucas and I had the same bus stop. I realized I would see him every single morning. Can life make this any harder. I decided it could when Lucas looked at me. I glanced up and his gaze tore away. We stood there, waiting for the bus to come as two other kids ran up and broke the silence.

   We all got on the bus and I sat in an empty seat. The guy who was at my bus stop sat next to me, ruining the pleasure of sitting alone. Plus, he sat way too close. I swear he scooted so far next to me that another person could've fit in the seat. About 20 minutes later we drove up to the school. Everyone piled into the building and went to their first class. Mine was english. The whole day I tried to keep my head down so no one would see my black eye. I tried not to bump into people. But, the whole day I recieved rude stares and pushes into the lockers.

  The second to last class was gym and the same guy from the bus ride had a gym locker right next to mine. We were changing into our P.E. uniforms and he kept looking at me. I hid my face. He was probably wondering how I got the black eye. He followed me as we walked out and took a lap. I could feel everyones eyes on me. I felt so self conscious. At the end of class we all fled into the locker rooms. I went to my next class and felt relieved that the day was just about over. But, I didn't want to go home either. Honestly, I would have gone over Lucas's house if I was having home issues. I felt alone and helpless. What was I even supposed to look foward to anymore?

   I rode the bus home with the same annoying guy. Lucas sat with a pretty girl. No surprise.  He gets all the girls. But, he kept looking over at me. He stared at me three seats up. I made eye contact with him over 5 times. Why was he looking at me? My face burned brighter everytime he glanced. Stop it. Cut it out. Why are you doing that? What do you want? I just looked down at my lap.  My eyes glued downwards. The bus finally stopped and I got off. I walked home real slow. I wanted to just go somewhere else...but I didnt belong anywhere.

☆whoop, I don't know what to say lol, comment what you want to happen next (:☆