Chapter #34 Replacement

NICK

After leaving Carmens' I went home. I did my homework and everything but I felt different. It felt like I betrayed Lucas in a way. I know he wouldn't care if I did anything with Carmen but, I don't know... I miss him so much. I crawled into bed and closed my eyes.

   Loud noises woke me up. It was my mom and Eric fighting. I could hear them screaming at each other and I pulled the blankets over my head. Why does this have to happen to me? What did I do to deserve this? I got out of bed and put some clothes on. I unlocked my window. I'm getting out of here before I get involved somehow. I jumped out of my room and started to walk in Lucas's house direction. I stopped myself and looked at my feet. What am I doing? I obviously can't go to his house. Then, where do I go? I have nobody else to turn to. Except... Carmen. Maybe it was a bad idea. But, where else would I have gone? I walked hesitantly towards Carmens house. I knocked on the door. I was greeted with a surprised expression. Carmen.
   "Hi! Um... come in." He said. I walked inside his home for the second time and he took my hand as we went to his room. "So, uh... why'd you visit me again?" Carmen asked.
   "I need someone to talk to..." I looked down at our hands as our fingers interlaced. He opened the door to his room and we sat on his bed.
   "What do you need to talk about?" I glanced up at him.
   "Okay... so my mom is an alcoholic and she has this boyfriend and he's a loser and a drunk too. He and my mom always fight and I guess I just need somewhere to run away to..."
   "I see."
   "And um... you're the only friend I have so..." Carmen hugged me and said,
   "I'll always be there for you Nick." Tears formed in my eyes and I clung to his body. He backed up and held my face in his hands. I could see myself in the reflection of his brown eyes. He leaned in and kissed me just as the door shot open. My face suddenly flushed as I turned to see a young girl.
   "Oh my god!! Gross!" She screamed.
   "Get out Natalie!" Carmen yelled back.
   "You don't have to tell me! I'm leaving!" She stormed away and I heard the front door open and slam shut. Carmen sighed and turned to face me.
   "Sorry, that was my sister." Sister? Isn't that the girl I saw Lucas kissing?
   "Does... she have a boyfriend?" I asked. Carmen looked startled and said in a little voice,
   "Yeah um... It's-"
   "Lucas." I finished. He looked down. It was awkward now... I didn't want to talk about Lucas. Even though my stomach was upset about thinking of him with that girl...I didn't want to talk about it. If anything, I want to forget about it. I placed my hand on Carmens waist.
   "Lets not talk anymore..." I said. Carmen looked up and had a wild look in his eyes. He pushed me down in front of himself and started to kiss me. It felt good. He travled up my shirt and a chill ran down my body. His hands undid my belt buckle and I pushed him away.
   "Just kissing okay?" I warned. He nodded and went in slowly for another kiss. My hands touched his neck. His abdomen rubbed against my lower half. He grinded on me slowly. Each thrust more eager. He breathed on my neck as a slight groan tumbled from his lips. His voice was sexy and I started to grind back. We rubbed together. Both getting bigger by the second. I breathed heavily... everything was getting so hot. The heat between us was arousing. I covered my mouth after I moaned out loud. How embarrassing! Carmen looked at me and chuckled.
   "Don't try to hide it. Let it all out." I covered my whole face. How can he be so casual about this? I bet he does this all the time. His hands slid up my shirt and he started to touch my nipples. He kissed my neck and grinded and touched. I couldn't take it! If you do it all at the same time like that!
   "Ahhhhh!!" I let out. Carmen hugged me tight. He was sweaty but so was I. He hoisted me up on his lap. I touched his face. I kissed him once more before I fell back from exhaustion. He lay next to me. Holding me close, we took a nap.

   My eyes opened and saw that I was still laying next to Carmen. I sat up and looked down at him. He was still sleeping so I just lay my head next to his chest. His heart beat was steady and it was soothing to me. As my eyes were just about to close once more, I heard a loud sound. Carmen awoke and sat up. He put his head in his hands.
   "I guess Natalie's home." He grumbled. Sitting on the side of his bed now, he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. I followed as he walked out of his room and abruptly stopped at the top of the stairs. I saw Natalie at the bottom with a familiar being at her side. My heart almost stopped as I met Lucas's eyes. He looked at me with his face red. I wonder if he was as nervous as I was right now. What are you thinking  Nick? Lucas doesn't think of you in that way, remember? Natalie stepped fowards and snorted,
   "Ack! You're still here?" She stared at me with disgust and I kind of just stood behind Carmen. He held onto my hand as Natalie continued, "C'mon Lucas, let's go upstairs!" She grabbed him by the arm.
   "O-okay." He stuttered. Carmen stayed close as they pushed past us. Tears welled up in my eyes. What am I going to do? I'm still hopelessly in love with Lucas...

☆who will nick pick in the end?!☆