Chapter #2 A Familiar Nuisance

LUCAS (・・?)

   "Ah!" I fell out of bed taking all the blankets with me. Who's at the door this early in the morning? I cleared my throat and yelled, "Coming!" I looked around my room and spotted a shirt on the ground. I threw it on and dizzily walked down the hall to the front door. I opened it and Nick's eyes shot open. His face was beat red. What did he want? He looked really nervous. Nick never came to my house in the morning...

    "Um... Are you okay?" I asked. Nick looked down again as he clenched his fists. 

    "We need to talk!" He nearly yelled. Talk? At 7:00 a.m.? I was getting annoyed but wondered if what he needed to say was actually important. Was he and his mom fighting again? I led him inside as we walked to my bedroom. 

   "So...You wanted to talk?" I asked him still curious of what this was all about. 

   "Y-yeah..." He whispered. He was obviously nervous. But, about what? He'd always come to me wanting advice. What was so different now? Nick moved closer to me and yelled out with no shame,

    "I...I LOVE YOU!" I was speechless. What was that supposed to mean? Was this a joke? He was kidding right? 

    "N-Nick...what... what do you mean?"  I asked. He wasn't serious was he? He lo-loves me?! I didn't even know he was gay! Wait...this could just be like brotherly love...right? I was starting to doubt that conclusion as Nick took my arm and went in for a kiss. I stopped him before our lips met and asked, 

   "N...nick.... What the hell are you doing?!" But before I could even think of what was happening, Nick kissed me right there in the middle of my room. I ripped away, my face burning. Did he just...kiss me? And did I...like it? I didn't right? That's impossible. I couldn't have. Then why is my heart beating so fast? Why does my mind feel like it's going crazy? Because he kissed me? No...wait. Just, let me...see... I kissed him again and the same feeling came over me. I did it slowly so I could concentrate on what exactly I was feeling at that moment. But I couldn't. I couldn't think even one coherent thought. I peeled away and looked at Nick. This...was my best friend This is the Nick that I've known since 4th grade. He didn't seem bothered as he reached up and started to kiss me again. I started to enjoying this as I put my hands to his shoulders. Was I enjoying this because it was Nick? Or because he was a good kisser? Had Nick even kissed anyone else before? I was confused, I knew that much. But I didn't want to confuse Nick too. I know that I'm not gay. So why am I doing this? I pushed away, putting the back of my hand over my mouth. I was thoroughly embarrassed. I just wanted him to leave so I could think about this. This was all his fault after all. He's the one coming over and kissing me all of a sudden. 

   "I ... I think you should go home." I said, not being able to get the words out smoothly. I had just made out with Nick.

  "But..." He tried to argue. 

   "GET OUT!" I yelled. I was already stressed out. I didn't need this. Do you know what you've done? How am I supposed to talk to you now? Nick slowly left my room looking hurt. But I didn't care how hurt he was. How could he do this to me? I didn't know if I was mad or just...I don't know. I'm just afraid things will never be the same...

☆btw the name at the top is the one whose P.O.V. it is. hope you're enjoying ^-^ ☆