03

Ka Suo was still standing there even when Yan Da was already gone. His mind totally blank. Then it became alive. Repeating the fire princess words. Confusing him more and more. It looks like he wasn't getting any sleep tonight.

With Yan Da...

She was now back in her room taking a bath. She smiled, feeling good. She knew that Ka Suo would most likely accept her offer. She grinned and when he will...

Then everything will start. She bit her lip in excitement. Though, she knew it would be also very painful. Yan Da sighed.

"But it couldn't be helped..." she whispered in the wind. A breeze then caressed her cheek as if to comfort her. She smiled. Sincerely this time.

"Thank you." She said, continuing her bath.

____________________________________

After her bath, she went to her balcony. By now, everyone is mostly asleep. Yan Da could feel others who aren't though. She could also hear their restless breathing.

Princess Lotus, The King and Queen of Ice, Prince Shi, her father and brother were the ones who were still awake. Yan Da's eyes soften. Raising her arm, she lit up a fire enough to change the course of the wind. Making sure that her voice could be heard in their rooms.

She then hummed. Softly singing a sweet lullaby.

One by one, she felt them fall asleep. She smiled looking at the stars in the sky. "It will be tough and difficult road ahead. So, please help and guide me."

Hearing her prayer, the wind gently blew this time. Surrounding her in a comforting hug.

"Good luck." She heard them whisper. She too then went to bed after that.

In the morning...

"Ka Suo!" Li Luo called out. Quickly, looking for her Ice Prince when she saw that his bed wasn't slept on.

"In here!" she heard him answer.

"Ka Suo?" she asked, noticing the prince's haggard state. He didn't sleep at all. "What's wrong?"

Ka Suo laughed but then he suddenly broke down. Hugging her tight. She was surprised. "What happened?" Ka Suo didn't answer her. He just hugged her tighter.

"I'm sorry." He kept on saying. It confused and scared Li Luo. So, she just hugged him back. Why did it felt like this will be the last time that I will be able to hold him like this?

Meanwhile...

After breakfast, Yan Da faced her father and brother again.

"Are you going to tell us your plan now?" Shuo Gang stated, looking at her.

"Some of it. Father, in order for this to work. You have to release the Ice King and Ice Queen first."

"What!?" Flame exclaimed, scowling.

Yan Da just smiled, undeterred by her father's anger. "Relax, father. You'll see the importance of it soon enough. But do it when Prince Ka Suo is back." She told them. She then got up and kissed them both on the cheeks.

"I'll see you two later." She said, leaving the room.

"Do you know what happened to your sister?" Flame asked his son, gaze still on the spot where her daughter was previously at.

Shuo Gang shook his head. Also, curious as to why his sister changed.

Outside...

Yan Da stretched her arms feeling the morning breeze. "Now, what to do while waiting?"

If she was her old self, she would be training now. However, the new Yan Da labeled that as boring and went down. Time to see what kind of people the Ice Kingdom have.

Looking around, she saw that only few were outside. Yan Da sighed. A bit sad. They're really scared of my tribe, huh?

Suddenly, she felt someone bumped into her. "Huh?"

Looking down, she was met by a child's terrified eyes. She blinked. The kid looked like he was about to cry.

Yan Da quickly crouched down, meeting the child's gaze. "Are you alright?" She said, checking on him.

"You're not hurt anywhere are you?" she asked again. the child shook his head. Tears falling from his eyes.

"Then why are you crying?"

"I- I t- thought t-that y-ou w-ill b-urn m-e because I bumped into you."

"Is that what you want?" Yan Da asked, brow lifting.

The child shook in fear. Yan Da let out a small laugh. "I was joking."

She then wiped the child's tears. "Be more careful. Okay? Not everyone is as kind as me. You should go."

The child didn't move. He was just staring at the cold snow.

"What's wrong?" Yan Da prodded, noticing the sadness in the child eyes and aura.

"I don't want to go. I'm alone in the house anyway." He answered.

"How about your parents?"

The child shook his head. "Gone."

"Anyone?" Yan Da said.

"No one." The child answered, crying again. "I- c-changed m-y m-mind I t-think... i-it's b-better for you to burn me. A-at l-least I won't be cold anymore."

Yan Da studied the child, letting her aura enveloped him. She also silently asked the wind around her. They gave her answers, showing her what happened to the boy's parents and his current lifestyle.

Her forehead creased. Heart hurting for the boy in front of him.

"How old are you? And what's your name?"

"Three and my name is Xiao Yu."

"Well, Xiao Yu from now on you won't be alone. "Yan Da said, picking the child up. He was an outcast and an orphan.

Yan Da smiled, feeling the child's arms around her. Well, this trip has unexpected results. But I know they wouldn't let me meet this child without any reason. I wonder if Ka Suo made his decision yet?

Unknown to her, Ka Suo was already back in the palace. He actually saw her and the child. He saw how she treated the child with kindness so different from her demeanor last night.

He sighed. He made his decision.