15

Lan Shang opened her eyes. She feels really good and refreshed. Getting up, she was met by her grandmother's worried gaze.

"Your Highness."

"Lan Shang, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Sorry for worrying you, Grandmother. It's weird but I feeI really good. I even slept really well."

"You should thank Her Majesty. She even let you sleep in her arms."

Upon hearing that, the mermaid kept quiet.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Who is it?"

"Your Highness, I'm here to inform Princess Lan Shang that Her Majesty is inviting her to join Her Majesty for dinner."

"Lan Shang?"

The mermaid princess bit her lip. Sighing, she made her decision. "Tell Her Majesty that I'll be there."

"Yes, Princess Lan Shang."

With Yan Da...

She's in the castle's biggest balcony. Silently, watching the stars above. The wind was softly playing with her hair. Gently caressing her cheek as if she's its lover.

Feeling its soft touch, Yan Da smiled. She feels happy yet not at the same time. Happy because of what she'd done so far for her people. However, her heart keeps on yearning for the younger ice prince. She wants to be with him but she can't. Not yet.

"Your Majesty?"

Yan Da blinked, facing the one who called her. "Lan Shang."

"I didn't expect that you'll accept my invite."

"If I didn't, I know that you'll find other ways to talk to me anyway."

Yan Da smirked. "True. Let's eat first. I know that you haven't eaten anything since yesterday."

The mermaid princess pouted, sitting on the chair in front of the Queen. The two then ate quietly. Once in a while, Lan Shang would subtly look at Yan Da studying her. Honestly, she's enjoying this quiet time with the Queen.

When they're done, Yan Da called the servants to clean the table. She then invited Lan Shang to take a stroll.

"Do you feel better now?" Yan Da began.

"Quite. Thank you."

Yan Da nodded, accepting her thanks. Abruptly, she stopped walking. Facing the mermaid princess, she asked." You love Ka Suo, don't you?"

Quickly, Lan Shang avoided her gaze. Pain filled her heart. Unshed tears in her eyes.

Seeing the pain in the other's eyes, Yan Da's eyes soften in empathy.

"Lan Shang..." she gently called out. Lifting her hand, she made the mermaid princess look at her.

"There's nothing wrong in loving him. Ka Suo is a good man. I understand."

"Yet he doesn't love me."

"He does..."

"But not the way I love him."

"No but he does cherish you, Lan Shang. Ka Suo sees you as one of his important friends. He even called out the whole army just to find you a while ago. I know that it hurts a lot knowing that he doesn't love you the same way. But seeing that he does love you in a way, isn't that enough?"

Lan Shang sob, letting her tears fall. While Yan Da put her arms around her, giving her comfort. "It's going to be difficult but slowly learn to let him go. You're a great woman Lan Shang. Someday, you'll find someone who'll truly appreciate and love you back."