04

"Mai." Yan Da called out to her trusted maid. The one who took care of her when she was still a child.

"Yes, Princess?" the maid replied, bowing.

Yan Da pouted. "I told you not to call me that. You're literally my mother."

The woman laughed. Now, looking at the fire princess. "Even so, you are the princess. I can't just call you Yan Da. Your father will burn me."

"We are alone now, though." Yan Da said still pouting.

"Okay, Yan Da. Do you need something?"

Yan Da nodded, giving the sleeping child to her. "Watch over him for a while."

"A boy from the Ice Tribe?"

"He's an orphan. I can't just leave him alone."

Mai chuckled. Fondly, looking at the fire princess. "Of course, you can't. Go, do the things you need to do. I'll take care of him."

"Thank you." Yan Da said, watching Mai leave with Xiao Yu.

Suddenly, her demeanor changed becoming serious.

"Hello, Prince Ka Suo. Do you plan to stand there all day?" She said, looking behind her.

The Ice Prince was standing behind a pillar. He was hidden but Yan Da felt his presence anyway.

Ka Suo chuckled revealing himself. "Ah, I got caught."

"Let's talk inside," She then said, opening the door to her room.

___________________________________

"Seeing that you're here that means you've decided to accept my proposal." Yan Da said, sitting down on her bed.

Ka Suo nodded, looking at her directly.

Yan Da smirked. "I see yet you look a bit unsure."

She stood up, walking towards him. "Shall I convince you more?" She said. hugging him. She felt him froze again. Yan Da chuckled making Ka Suo shiver.

"You know, if you're always going to be like this when I touch or hug you we won't be able to convince anyone."

She said, going away from him a bit. Her arms are still around his neck though.

Ka Suo's forehead creased, understanding that she's right.

"No need to fret. We have time" Yan Da said, lifting her hand and stroking his forehead. Making him relax it. "For now, how about hugging me back and getting use to my closeness."

Ka Suo nodded. He then put his arms around her pulling her close. Yan Da sighed, putting her head on his shoulder.

"Did you talk to her (Li Luo)?" She then asked.

Ka Suo let out a sad laugh. "I couldn't. It will only hurt us more."

Yan Da looked down, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I chose to accept your offer. I'm also to blame."

Yan Da sighed. "We should go before your parents and my father kill each other."

"You mean?"

Yan Da nodded, meeting his eyes. "It's now or never."

In the throne room...

It was indeed a total chaos. When Flame removed his control over the two royals, they quickly attacked him. So, now the trio were currently fighting.

They were about to finish off each other when the door was forcefully opened.

"Father! Stop!" Yan Da yelled, going in front of King Huo Yi stopping him from attacking.

Ka Suo did the same, blocking his parents. "Mother! Father! Stop!"

"Ka Suo?" his parents stated.

"Yes, it's me. Father. Mother."

The queen quickly hugged his son. Happy to see that he's alive and well.

"What a touching scene," Flame said, interrupting their moment. "But Yan Da can you tell me now, why you asked me to relent my control over these two."

Yan Da and Ka Suo looked at each other. Yan Da the met her father's eyes. "Father, it's because Ka Suo and I want their blessing and yours."

"Blessing?" Flame repeated. Ka Suo then held Yan Da's hand. Intertwining them. He then faced the fire king.

"King Huo Yi, I would like to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage."

He heard his parents gasped in shocked. Flame was also stunned, meeting his daughter's eyes. Which Yan Da met, unafraid. Huo Yi then smiled.

"Is this what you want?" He asked her daughter.

"Father, would I stand beside him if it isn't?"

Flame kept quiet, studying them. Looking at their intertwined hands, then at his daughter's eyes. "I see. Well, it looks like our war ends here."

He stated, looking directly the Ice King and the Ice Queen.

He then left the room going into his own. When he was in there, he let out a loud laugh.

His daughter is more devious and cunning than he thought she was.