Chapter 36

**I am updating today, Thursday, because they changed my work schedule so I work 9 hours tomorrow instead of three. Means more money, but it also means I won't get to update tomorrow. So, THIS is Friday's update.**

My heart thumps inside my chest as the Pack House comes into view. Micah is asleep with his head against the window. It's barely seven in the morning so not many are out yet. A few people are out though as they rush to work early. Most of the house is still either asleep or getting up.

I push the garage button on the dash and then park the truck inside. I look over to Micah who is still asleep. He's so adorable. I really hate to wake him but I don't want to leave him in the truck alone.

Human is happy when I let him out, he immediately zooms back out of the garage and I assume it is to go pee on a poor tree or something. Then I gently open Micah's door and rest my hand so his head doesn't fall.

"Micah," I say gently. "Micah baby," He grumbles in his sleep. I lean in and press my lips to his. When I pull away his eyes slowly open. "Hi," I grin. "We're home,"

He blinks at me and I can see my words processing. Once my words register he looks away from me and around the room. He arches his back in a stretch before he unbuckles his seatbelt and then swings his legs out of the truck. I stand close to him as his body stretches the stiffness out.

"Damn," He grumbles, his voice thick with sleep.

I wrap my arm around his shoulders. "Come on, baby, we can go take a nap,"

He nods his head as he allows me to lead him into the house. A few people greet us so I nod and greet them back as we head up to the fourth floor. I unlock the apartment door and then lead us both to the bedroom.

Micah immediately strips down to his boxers and yanks his prosthetic off before crawling onto the bed and burying himself under the thick black and dark blue comforter. I smile at how adorable he is as I follow suit with stripping down to my boxers and then scooting under the blanket with him.

I have no idea where Human is but I don't really care as I pull an already sleeping Micah to me and wrap my arm around him as we lay on our sides. My eyes drop immediately as sleep drags me under.

****555****

A loud bang causes me to jump and sit up in bed in a protective manner over Micah, a warning growl bouncing around the room. My tired eyes have difficulty trying to focus but my wolf and I are on high alert. I blink the sleep from my eyes and focus on three people.

"Mom?" I ask confused. Then my eyes slide over to Abram and Trigg. "The hell are you all doing barging in like that for?"

Micah slides under the blanket further so my hand slides back under the blanket to rest on his hip in comfort. The blanket covers him completely, only the tips of his hair is showing, as the blanket has fallen to my own hips in my haste to wake up.

"Why didn't you tell us you were back?" Mom huffs with an angry pout.

I roll my eyes. "How did you even know?"

"We found Human running around downstairs," Abram answers. "He didn't look too happy either,"

My eyes slide over to Human who lays on his dog bed close to the bed on Micah's side, his brown eyes watching me as if to say 'First, you take all my masters attention. Now, you leave me downstairs?'. I snicker at my thought process of what I think the dog is saying.

"When did you get in?" Abram asks.

I move my attention back to him just as mom moves to sit on the bed next to me. I have to scoot closer to Micah in order for her not to fall off. My body presses flush against Micah but I don't think either of us minds much.