Saving Joey..

Shane's POV.

I woke up the my alarm going off and my dad running in my room. Already kind of drunk as always.

Dad: Hey get up fa**ot its the first day of school!

He walked away and I got up. Today was the first day of high school. Great. I already got bullied enough in eighth grade. This year was different, I lost weight by starving myself and working out all the time. Even though I lost half of my weight and I didn't have fat rolls anymore. I still felt fat. I changed into a flannel buttondown shirt and some jeans. Simple but not so gay looking. I got got called f*g more than enough. I walked downstairs to find my two brothers eating breakfast, my dad on the couch drinking a beer. It was normal by now.

Mom: Good morning honey.

My mom gave me my lunch and I grabbed some ceral fro breakfast.

Dad: Stop calling him honey Teresa, he's already gay enough.

He took a sip of his beer and I knocked it out of his hand. My brothers running out the front door for work. My dad pushed me to the ground and started punching me. Worse thing is my mom would stand there watching, its like she was on his side. But I knew she wanted to leave him on the inside. He stopped beating me and he grabbed another beer from the fridge, walking upstairs.

Dad: Good morning son.

I grabbed my lunch off the ground and went to the sink washing my face of any blood. I looked in the mirror, one eye was turning purple and getting swollen. Great. I said goodbye to my mom and walked to the bus stop. My friend Lisa walking up to me. She stopped when she saw me.

Lisa: Well thats not how to start the first day of high school.

Shane: Its not. But i'm used to it.

We got on the bus and she sat beside me, I didn't feel like talking and looked out the window. Waiting for Anthony and his gang to come on the bus to beat me.

-

Joey's POV.

I woke up to my mom running in my room.

J Mom: Joey! Get up you're going to be late for the bus!

It was the first day of high school. I lived in Boston, but we decided to move to LA, for some dumb reason. I got up and changed into a V-Neck that was blue and white, striped. I fixed my hair and straightened it. I put on a gray jacket to hide my scars that we're on my arms. I cut every now and then, only when my mom got drunk and got mad. My mom and dad were divorced, I lived with my mom and my sister lived with us as well. I walked out the kitchen and grabbed a apple, then ate it on the way to the bus. I got to the bus stop and found a girl and boy standing there. The girl walked up to me.

?: Hi! You must be new!

Joey: Yea, I'm Joey.

?: Well my name is Zoe! And this is Alfie.

Alfie: What up.

Zoe: Really couldn't you be more introducing than, "What up."

She held up her hands and did air quotes. They seemed to be brother and sister. They both had a small British accents. She pushed him lightly and he pushed her back.

Alfie: Can you stop pushing me?!

Zoe: Oh whatever.

She kissed him on the cheek and she turned back to me.

Zoe: I'm sorry, my boyfriend doesn't like it when I push him.

Joey: You guys are dating?

Zoe: Yea almost 4 months now!