Chapter 6

'.....' = Jin speaking

As you took a step, into fourth period, reading class, your eyes landed on a guy who had nice silky black hair, his lips pink to the touch, and his soft facial features. He reminded her of a caretaker. Someone who people would rely on to help them survive. Cooking, cleaning, and maternal duties, he would do it. You recognized him as soon as you walked towards your desk.

That guy, sitting near the window and looking at the kids playing... I remember him, he used to come and sit near the place where I eat lunch. But, I heard something happened to his mom, and he has little brothers to take care of so maybe that's why he's like a mom. But what about his dad? Hmmm... He's so reliable just like a parent.

You seemed to be mesmerized by the way he looked and seemed. You saw that he complimented and highly marked himself, saying "I look good". Or, "I look better than these guys". To make himself feel better, even if he knew he clearly wasn't what he envisioned. Kim Seokjin, he hides his true pain behind a strong reliable mask. The one who makes jokes to make himself feel better, to brighten his day either from emotional issues to physical problems. He is the one to depend on.

I should...Talk to him...

"Hey, Seokjin. Remember me from lunch?"

"Y/N! Aish~ I can't believe I was able to see you..."

"Wae- I am always right here, what's wrong? You seem sad."

"It's...Nothing. But how have your classes been?"

"Don't lie to me...I've been okay."

"I can't tell you. I would rather put myself through it, rather than take someone else along. It's just going to bother you."

"You have never bothered me. I like having your company during lunch, it makes me feel safe. You're very kind and don't forget that."

"Y/N... I don't know what to say, but that really made me glad. I'm thankful."

"May I ask you something?"

"What is it Y/N?"

"Are you hurting, to the point where you need to compliment yourself to make you feel better? Just imagine, you see a kid who has different looks from you and he's called ugly. You hear this, and say to yourself 'I am not ugly', 'I look better than him', 'I have the looks', just because you don't want to face the same situation of embarrassment as that child?"

"No... It's because..."

"It's alright to face reality. The real you is what everyone should see, and like. Looks and inner beauty both matter most, and you have both. You're truly caring in the inside and out."

During this conversation, which took most of the class period, Seokjin saw you as a completely different person. He was shocked, not because of fear but because someone had seen through him. His expressions were unreadable, but his speech was understandable. You, on the other hand, felt the pain of sadness, that in reality, if we all showed our true selves, we all would be sad and heartbroken. But if we kept faking who we are, we would never live happily. Which is why people wear clothes upon clothes upon clothes in society.

Although, the moment their conversation was coming to an end, the passage to a new beginning began when the classroom doors opened and a certain beautiful girl came in. Her red heels clapping the floors as she walked gracefully, her flirtatious smile and her cute giggles made not only the boys but also the girls, fawn over her beauty.

"Students- we will start with introducing a new classmate- it is their first year here, please respect them and be kind. Her name is, Im Yoon-ah."

What. Not her. This girl, she gave me problems, I-

"Hello everyone! Nice to meet you! I hope we can be friends!"

Wait, there better not be a seat next to me, oh crap... The seat is available.... Yoon-ah, the one girl who made people hypnotized by her beauty. Who knows what she really did or who she really was. She had the looks that mesmerized people into her, and made them- go in a bad route. Beautiful people tend to use their looks and features to get their work done. And she was one of them...

Yoon-ah ran up with her red heels, to the seat that was available, the seat next to you. She knew who you were, she hadn't forgotten the past you had with her. She was enjoying seeing the misery on your face while returning back to America while in South Korea. And you know what's worse? The fact she was dating, the sunshine of the school, or the sunshine jerk, Hoseok.

Why do people I try to run away from, keeping running back? Why do I have to deal with these things? Eh- I really hate my life.

"Y/N, how have you been? Have you missed me while I was gone?"

The way Yoon-ah spoke gave you the chills, her sweet high toned voice resonated through your ears, giving you the jitters. Her cute pouting cheeks made you almost give up on yourself, and made you want to answer her. But at the same time, not.

"Uh... I have missed you, I've been alright... What about you?"

Of course, Seokjin was the one to become curious in this situation. He began to think 'Why is Y/N all nervous around her? Is she okay?' Just from watching you and Yoon-ah speaking to each other while sitting near them, he got the hint to just sit and listen.

"I have missed you lately, especially the games we played. You better have missed me, Y/N."

'Oh... What games had Y/N and this new girl played?'

"Hehe. You mean those games?"

"What other games would I mean, Y/N."

'Seriously should I even be listening to these two girls... I'm getting too curious about the games at the moment... What games do girls play?'

"Oh. Don't remind me, I never participated in those games... it was only you and some other girls from class..."

"You were always my partner. I loved playing with you. And you're telling me... you... FoRGoT iT!!!"

'Uhhh.... I think Y/N went too dumb and now the other girl is mad... although I think the games were sexual~...'

I am hoping that Seokjin doesn't think weirdly of what games we're talking about... Ah- forget it, he probably is assuming this anyway.

"Heh... I'm joking.... I loved those games we played..."

"Good."

As their talk died down, the time also was running out. And lunchtime was next. The time of when you would escape from Yoon-ah and find Taehyung. You were quite excited, ready to leave the tense freaky atmosphere, especially from that girl. The one who made Seokjin, misread the situation, the one who made you feel weird, you also began to think that probably the games were... kinda dirty. Lasting till the end of the bell, came in a new meeting of friends.