Back To School Sadness

I sat by my locker feeling horrible Jason Blossom..Dead.

I saw Betty walk by with the new girl so I got up and followed. I walked and Betty introduced us.

"Y/N this is Veronica. Veronica this is one of my best friends Y/N."  I smiled and shook her hand, we continued to walk and Betty talked about the history of the school, blah blah blah.

"So whats the social scene like here? Any night clubs?" Veronica looked at us then out of no where Kevin came.

"A strip club called Ho Zone and a tragic gay bar called Innuendo. Friday nights, football games. Tailgate parties at the Mal-Mart parking lot. Saturday night is movie night, regardless of what's at the Bijou. Get there early because we don't have reserved seating in Riverdale. Sunday nights? Thank God for HBF."

"Veronica Lodge, Kevin Keller. Veronica's new here Kevin is-" Betty started.

"Gay. Thank God. Lets be best friends." She shook his hand.

I was to lazy to keep listening so I kept walking with out them.

Later the day we had an assembly and I sat in the back I looked over at Jughead who was typing and listening to Cheryl's speech about the dance.

At lunch time I sat by my locker and ate a sandwich. I saw a few of the cheerleaders walk by. 

'Maybe I should try out this year..Cheryl would probably be happy about it.' I thought. I got up and threw my lunch in the garbage. I started walking to the gym to see the tryouts and watched Betty and Veronica.

"Betty how's your sister doing?" Cheryl said.

"Polly's fine. Thanks for asking."

"Veronica has Betty told you about her sister yet?"

"Uh, no."

"Go ahead Betty. Tell Veronica about your sister and my dear brother."

"Polly and Jason dated."

'I knew this. Jason used to tell me about this and I listened he always told me to think about the future.. Our future, which I said wasn't happening.' I thought.

"I wouldn't say dated." Cheryl said.

"It didn't end well."

"-In fact.. Jason's probably why your sister had a nervous brake down."

'This wasn't true. Her mother was putting to much pressure on her and she flipped out.' I said in my head.

"And now lives in a group home. Isn't it?" 

"That's what my parents think."

I frowned.

"What do you have to say about this Betty? Go ahead the floor is yours. Whatever you've been dying to spew about Jason and how he treated Polly...Unleash it. Destroy me."

I stopped listening and i stared at Betty's balled fists.

"I just..."

"Finally." Cheryl whispered.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry. About what happened to Jason. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through."

"Right. Veronica, Welcome to the River Vixens. Betty... Better luck next time."

"Wait? What? Why?" Veronica intervened.

'Maybe she's not mean like what everyone says.'

"Because you couldn't bully Betty into being a bitch?"

"I need girls with fire on my squad."

"I know what you need Cheryl, because I know who you are. You would rather people fear then to like you. So you traffic in terror and intimidation. Your rich so you've never been held accountable, but I'm living proof... that certainty, that entitlement you wear on your head like a crown...it wont last. Eventually there will be a reckoning. Or maybe.. that reckoning is now, and maybe that reckoning is me. Betty and I come as a matching set. You want one you take us both. You wanted fire? Sorry Cheryl Bombshell my specialty is ice."

I walked out and waited for Veronica and Betty.

"Veronica that was amazing! I've never seen anyone do that!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks Y/N."

"Go have fun being a cheerleader!"

After that I walked to my locker and sat in front of it with my laptop on my lap.

I went on the Riverdale website and read about the Jason drama. I honestly didn't miss him and I sorta think the school is better off without him. It wasn't until the bell rung signaling school has ended when I noticed the time. I got up and grabbed my books and laptop putting them in my bag. I put my earbuds in listening to my music and started walking to Pops.

I spent about fifteen minutes walking when I finally reached Pops. I walked in and nodded to Pop making my way to my usual booth. The waitress asked me my order.

"A vanilla sundae with lots of sprinkles and chocolate sauce please." I smiled to her, she nodded before walking to the register. I got my laptop out of my bag and started typing out some of my work waiting for the waitress to come back. I started typing for the article about Jason's remembrance for Betty's The Blue and Gold. As I was typing and eating my sundae I looked over my shoulder to see a certain crown beanie blue eyed boy looking at my screen.

"Hello Jughead." I said looking at him. He looked at me and smiled.

"You're a good writer. I like your writing style."

"Thanks Jughead, are you gonna go to the dance?"

"Yeah...Are you going with anyone?"

"Not that I know of."

"Wanna go with me?" He asked his face lighting up slightly.

"Sure." I smiled.

I finished my sundae and packed my laptop into my bag. I looked back at Jughead. I poked his nose and started getting up.

"See you around Juggie." I said leaving money on the table.

He turned slightly pink and I started to the door. I opened the door and went home. When I got home I opened the door and got attacked by my thirteen year old brother, my eight year old brother and my seven year old sister.

I shoved them and went upstairs to my room. I did my homework and went to bed. With the thought of the crazy things that could happen tomorrow.