The Hunt For Information.

Charyl stood behind the podium. 

"Welcome to Thornhill. Thank you all for coming. If you'll kindly take your seats, I'd like to start the memorial with a few words about Jason. The last time I saw Jason, I was wearing this dress. I know it's impossible, but I swear when I put it on it feels like he's in the room with me. Even though we were twins, I used to demand I have my own birthday party. Until one year out of the blue Jason convinced me we had to combine them into one. It wasn't until a year later I found out why. It was because no one wanted to come to mine and Jason didn't want me to know. He protected me. Every single day.  I wish that day at the river, I wish that day at the river I had protected him." She stopped beginning to sob walking over to Jason's casket. 

"I'm so sorry JJ. We failed you. All of us." She continues, Veronica got up as Cheryl began another wave of sobbing. They hugged as everyone was in silence. I looked at Jug who was looking at Betty who was looking at me. We all turned to the front for Mrs.Blossom.

"I think we'll adjourn now, to the winter salon for a light supper." She gestured to the door with a smile. I ended up socializing with many of the guests and Cheryl. Soon enough Betty and Jughead found me, Betty in an unrecognizable state.  They dragged me outside.

"Polly and Jason weren't just dating. They were engaged." Betty exclaimed. I stared at her.  Should I tell her about Jason coming on to me? Should I forget about it? She must've noticed my thinking expression. 

"Y/N? Hello, you there?" She snapped in front of me and I shook my head. 

"Yeah. Sorry." Soon we were leaving Thornhill with the last goodbyes to the Blossoms. Betty said she'd talk to her dad about the whole thing. Jughead and I made our way to Pops. I was quiet. I kept thinking about the date I had with Jason, it means nothing to me now, but would it mean something to Betty? I sat down while Jughead ordered a shake, some fries, and a burger. Jughead grabbed my hands from the other side of the booth. I looked up at him before he could speak I spoke up.

"I went on a date with Jason Blossom, before summer." Jughead looked at me.

"Jug, it means nothing to me now. He means nothing. But finding out he was engaged with Polly, I'm curious for how long they were together." He stayed quiet.

"The past is the past. Betty might wanna know. And I know she won't blame you for any of this." He smiled and squeezed my hands. Soon his food came. There were two straws in the milkshake and he smiled.

"Thanks, Pops." He said. Pop Tate, is one of the kindest men you could ever meet.

"You two lovebirds enjoy. On the house." He smiled at us.

"Pop Ta-" I tried.

"I insist." He kept the smile. I look at Jug whos already digging in he looks at me.

"What? I can never say no to free food." He takes another bite of his burger. Pop leaves to take other orders. I take a sip out of one of the straws. I looked out the window. Polly and Jason never leaving my mind. Later we got texts from  Betty to meet in the newsroom at school. We got there quickly. Betty looked so...Down. Betty was the positive, bright side of the group, not the said lonely dark one. Jug and I could both see the disappointment in her eyes. 

"I feel like I don't even know who my mom and dad are anymore." Betty said.

"Betty, if they lied about Jason and Polly, they could be lying about other stuff too." Jughead said, looking at me. This didn't go unnoticed by Betty. She raised an eyebrow. 

"Betty, I know this shouldn't be important and I want you to know. Your parents aren't the only liers. Jason may be too." I took a deep breath.

"I dated Jason Blossom at the beginning of summer. It didn't last long, and I swear I didn't know he was with Polly!" I exclaimed. Betty looked at me with a smile.

"I knew about you and Jason. But no one knew Polly and Jason were still together, I don't think Polly knew about you. But that's beside the point." She said. I then stared at the suspect's board.

"Betty you said your dad would go far to protect Polly. How far do you think he would go?" I asked.

"My dad was the only one who didn't go to the drive-in other than us. That gave him time to-" She started.

"-To break into the Kellers and steal evidence." Jughead finished. We all look at each other. I write on a card and grab a thumbtack, handing it to Betty. She puts it on the board. In thick black letters read The Coopers. I look at Betty and Jughead. 

"We need to talk to Polly." Jughead and I said in unison. I could tell Betty was uneasy about it. It's been a long time since she or I have talked to Polly. She wasn't a monster, but something was up with the Coopers. Betty and I intend to find out what. This is why Jughead and I are going over to Bettys for breakfast. I never did tell Mrs.Cooper I was in a relationship. She was like a second mother to me. Betty invited us in as we all sat at the dining room table Mrs.Coopers famous homemade pancakes in front of us. It was quiet.

"So Jughead I suppose we have you to thank for Betty and Y/N's ongoing obsession with this Jason Blossom ghoulishness?" Alice started.

"Actually Mrs.Cooper Betty and I asked him to help us." I said. She shook her head.

"Y/N, please go to Alice or Mom number 2. You've been in this house as long as Betty at this point. And you two need to relax, I'm making conversation." She smiles. Betty, Jug and I all passed awkward glances.

"Do you guys have a bathroom I could use?" Jughead asked.

"Sure, I'll show you." Betty says.

"No, it's alright Ill show him." Alice says. I raise a brow.

"How about I show him, and I get you another cup of coffee Mom Number 2." I said. They both nod. I get up and show Jughead the bathroom, and walk to the kitchen to get another cup of coffee. I set it in front of Alice and she gives me a look.

"You and that boy? Are you two together?" She asks. I choke on my orange juice.

"Yes actually." Betty says. Alice raises her brow.

"He gives you any trouble, I swe-" Alice starts.

"I'll be fine "Mom" I smile. Alice takes a sip of her coffee.

"Oh hun, you forgot the sugar." She said. I did that on purpose. She gets up and walks to the kitchen. Betty and I are quickly taking a couple of photos of the book in her purse. After everyone's sitting at the table, I get a text from V.

"Archie didn't do well for his audition. He got stage fright." I said looking up from my phone. Betty looked at the time.

"We gotta go. See ya' mom." Betty said and we got up. The walk to school consisted of talking about what was in the little book. When we got to the newsroom we locked the door. Betty looked at the photos on her phone.

"The Sisters Quiet Mercy? Whats that? Like a church? Or a charity?" Betty asked. Jughead starts typing but I beat him to the answer.

"Its a home for troubled youth.." I answered.

"Where disenfranchised teens will learn such virtues as discipline and respect enjoying lives of quiet reflection and servitude." Jughead continued.

"Poor Polly." Betty says. Soon the bell to lunch rang.