My Old Spark

The first thing White Hat felt was cold. Not a chill, but a stinging, burning cold, like a piece of metal left outside in winter. The demon groaned, trying to move his arms to push himself off of the cold object, but he was met with failure.

He slowly opened his good eye, seeing everything as a bright blur. He felt his arms restrained painfully tight behind his back, making it even harder to move. On his neck, something metal.

White Hat suddenly heard that someone was singing, and it was the song he'd hummed before.

"Something in the wind had learned my name-"

White Hat tried opening his eyes again. He saw a table, sideways, since he was lying on his side. From the angle he was at (along with his vision still being slightly blurry), he couldn't quite see what was on it. There were shelves on the wall above his head, and on the wall opposite him. The shelves were lined with chemicals, and jars of what seemed to be body parts and organs, the formaldehyde refracting the light from the florescent bulbs in the ceiling.

The floor he was laying on was clean, and smelled faintly of bleach, though dark stains of presumably blood and acid burns were still clearly visible.

"And it's telling me that things are not the same-"

White Hat felt something rough in his mouth, like cloth, and noticed another rag tied behind his head, holding the first rag in place.

"In the leaves on the trees and the touch of the breeze-"

The demon made a muffled sound of confusion, looking for the source of song, though, he knew from his surroundings, it could only be one person.

"There's a pleasing sense of happiness for me-"

He saw him. Flug stood at the table farthest from White Hat's position, which had several Bunsen Burners on it. Flug seemed to be stirring something.

"There is only one wish on my mind-"

He hadn't noticed that White Hat was awake yet.

"When this day is through I hope that I will find-"

Flug poured a large amount of the liquid he was working with into a small test tube.

"When this day is through I hope that I will find-"

He sprinkled some small, black particles, almost the size of pepper grains, into the mixture.

"That tomorrow will be just the same for you and me-"

Flug stirred the mixture again, quicker this time. He seemed in a rush. "All I need will be mine if you are here-"

Flug examined the tube, looking satisfied as ever.

"I'm on the, top of the world-"

The scientist threw his stirring rod over his shoulder carelessly, the glass object shattering into several, small pieces. Flug seemed unfazed by the mess he'd made.

"Lookin', down on creation-"

Flug grabbed a syringe from the table, swiftly cleaning it. He gently and carefully put the tip of the needle into the mixture, and extracted 100 milliliters of it.

"And the only explanation I can find-"

White Hat attempted to use his magic to teleport away from the mansion, or at least break free of his bindings.

"Is the love that I've found-"

My powers, where are they? What's happening?

"Ever since you've been around-"