Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Leo's POV:

It has been three hours since the whole, Mikey drawing Raph as a cute bunny thing. I notice that even as a 5 year old, Mikey is still the fastest and the best hider in the family. I yawn as I drink my second cup of tea as I sit quietly in the kitchen. I glance over at the clock. 5:55 pm. Mikey is a handful. Even though Raph is the only one Mikey loves to play with, he has so much energy he makes me exhausted. As soon as I finish my tea I put the cup into the sink and walk into the living room. Donnie is in his lab with April trying to figure out how to change Mikey back to his original age. I then hear loud chain saw like snoring coming from the couch, drowning out the TV in the back ground. I let my gaze over the back of the couch to see Raph fast asleep on his shell with Mikey curled up on his chest while Raph's arm draped around Mikey's small body protectively. I smile softly at then before grabbing a spare blanket from the couch and laying it on them while turning the TV off. "Sleep tight, little brothers" I whisper, walking away to my room. I turned off the lights to the living room and my room and fall asleep.

Raph's POV:

Sweat dripping down my face as I run. Mikey! I gotta get to Mikey. I fight foot ninja after foot ninja trying to get though.

"Waphie!" Mikey's horrified voice echoes through the hall way.

"Hold on Mikey! I'm coming" I scream into the air.

"Waphie!" He screams again. I was supposed to protect him. He trusted me to keep him safe. I broke the promise to him and my other brothers to keep him unharmed. After running for a while I see the back of Mikey's head. I run towards it when suddenly a big metal door slams close right in front of me. I turn around to see another metal door slam shut.

"Hello, Raphael" a scratchy voice booms around me.

"Shredder" I growl under my breath. "If you hurt a scale on his head I'll kill you!" I scream at the ceiling.

"Too late for that" The Shredder's voice booms while a small wide screen TV lowers down in front of me. The TV buzzes before an image pops upon the screen. I see Mikey sitting in a brown wooden chair tied up. Tears streaming from his dull blue eyes. Ruby red bloods dripping down his face into his eyes from a giant slash on his head. I see other cuts and bruises on his arms and legs. His usual bright orange mask is almost completely red and torn a bit.

"Waphie... I hurt" Mikey cries softly, but I hear it loud and clear.

"Shedder, I'm going to kill you!" I howl punching the metal door. The door swing open and I run in to be stopped right in my tracks.

"Waphie!" Mikey cries/chokes as I see him being held by his throat by the Shredder.

"Put him down!" I demand taking a step towards him.

"Okay" the Shredder smirks before taking out his claws and slashing Mikey's throat then dropping him to the floor.

"No!" I scream running to Mikey's body. His skin is losing its color as scarlet blood drips from his mouth and flowing out of his neck. I pick up his small fragile body and carefully hold him tightly to my chest. "No Mikey! You can't die!" I plead quietly into the top of his head. I pull away and look down at Mikey to see

"I wuv you, Waphie" Mikey says so softly it was almost a whisper.

"I love you too"

I scream as I throw myself upright. I'm panting and I feel sweat run down my face. My heart is racing while my hand flutters to my chest.

"Just a dream. Just a dream" I chant quietly to myself. I mean I small moan and something shift on my lap. I gasp and jump slightly as I look down to see Mikey asleep.

He must have been on my chest. I pick him up and cradle him. His eyes are tightly shut as his lips move a little. I rock him back and forth cooing at him softly. I feel his body relax before I place a gentle kiss on his forehead. The image of that horrible gash on Mikey's head flashes in my mind. I shake my head hold Mikey closer to me. I notice that I am not in either Mikey's or my room but I'm on the couch. I glance at the green lighted up clock on the wall right above the kitchen door. 1:59. I take a deep breath and hold it for a second then let it out nice and slowly. I wipe my wet eyes with my arm.

"Calm down, Raph. It was just a dream." I say to myself trying to convince myself. I feel my throat go dry making me smack my lips together. I get up with Mikey still in my arms and walk to the kitchen. My heart is still pounding against my chest as I fill up a glass of water. I feel Mikey nuzzle and hum into my chest gently. I sit down on one of the kitchen chairs as I quietly drink my water slowly. Every once in a while I look down at Mikey's small sleeping form and the image of Mikey in my dream flashes into my mind.

"That was an intense, even for a dream" I whisper to myself as I set the empty glass in my hand to the side.

"Waf" Mikey mumbles sleepily while he snuggles deeper into me. My frown slowly forms into a smile before returning to its previous state.

"I promise" I say softly to Mikey. "I promise to never let anything bad happen to you." With that I walk out of the kitchen and into my room. I lay down in my bed and place Mikey in between me and the wall. I nuzzle Mikey's cheek before falling into a deep sleep.

TBC