Chapter 12

Chapter 12

April's POV:

I've been looking franticly for Mikey for about 20 minutes without any lead on where he is. I feel my heart beat pounding in the head as I wipe a sweat off my brow. "Mikey!" I call out. "Where are you?" I am almost destroying the living room looking for Mikey. I search the kitchen next, hopping that; Mikey just got the munchies and went in there. But sadly he was not there. I walk out to the living room once again looking for that little ball of energy. Suddenly I hear a door open behind me.

"April?" I hear Donnie's voice making me turn around. I am about to tell Donnie that I lost Mikey when relief fills my body. I see Donnie holding Mikey close to his chest.

"Mikey!" I shout in happiness as I run over to Donnie. "Mikey, you should not have disappeared on me like you did. I was worried sick. I was sure you got lost or hurt" I lightly scold Mikey. I sigh and calm myself. "It's okay. I'm just happy you are safe and unhurt"

"I Sowy, Auntie April" Mikey says sadly with a frown. I can't help but smile warmly at him.

"Its fine, Mikey. So you wanna go play?" Mikey's face goes from a frown to the biggest smile. As he nods quickly. "So what do you wanna play?"

"House!" Mikey shouts happily, throwing his arms up into the air.

"House?" Donnie questions, raising an eye brow. "How do you play?"

"Auntie April be mommy. And Nee be daddy" Mikey says happily.

Donnie's POV:

"What?!" I shout in shock. Mikey looks up with me in slight fear. I immedently regret it. "Sorry, Mikey. Um let's play" I can feel my face fire up. For the next 10 minutes both April and I was getting bossed around by Mikey. April didn't seem to mind much. I couldn't help but glance at her every once in a while. Gosh. She is so pretty. Her orange eyes and freckles are so cute. And the way her crystal blue eyes and smile shines hypnotizes me. If Casey wasn't always getting in the way, I bet she would be with me. Oh who am I kidding. April will never like me, like that. She is so perfect and I'm just a freak. I sigh as I bow my head to look at the ground. Suddenly I feel a tug on my hand. I look over to see Mikey looking up at me with the most innocent eyes.

"Nee okay?" Mikey asks, batting his baby blue eyes.

"Oh. Uh. Yeah. I'm fine Mikey. Just thinking about... my inventions. Yeah that's it. I'm thinking about my inventions." I lie, forcing out a smile. Mikey gives me a look saying. That's not true. I laugh nervously as I sit down next to Mikey. I pick him up and hold him out. "Want to play air plane?" Mikey's eyes widen as his smile widens and he nods. I lay on my back and kick my feet up in the air. I play his chest against the flat of my feet so he looks like he is flying. He squeals in happiness as he flaps his arms as if he is a bird. I hear April giggle. I look over at her and smile.

Raph's POV:

I run along the rooftops as fast as I can. I can't stop thinking about Mikey. Every time I close my eyes I see his big baby blue eyes, which are filled with fear and his sad frown. I grit my teeth as I pick up my pace to the point where everything is a blur. Suddenly I get light headed making me stop. I grip my head as I get on one knee. I groan as I shake my head making it all go away. I stand back up and look at my surrounding. I'm not quite sure where I am. I look up at the full moon and sigh. Why am I acting like this? I don't understand these feelings. I watch my breath float with the cold wind. Is it guilt? Am I the reason Mikey is like this? I did yell at him... but I always do that. Why is this time any different? I groan as I take a seat on the ledge staring up at the sky. I hope Mikey's okay...

TBC...