Walk

Karene's POV

I rummaged through my closet. Come on, where are you!? "Where is that damn dress!"

"Karene, LANGUAGE!"

"Sorry mom!" Ahah here it is. Still in its box. I pulled my white Taylor Swift dress out. I slipped it on. Grabbed my brown and blue cowgirl boots. Blue necklace.

"Karene, he's here."

"Thanks Reyna!" I slipped my boots on over my blue Nike socks and ran down the stairs, my curled blonde hair bouncing. He was wearing a blue polo with kaki shorts and his blue Vans and his blue Nike socks.

"Harrison you look very handsome."

"Thanks, you look beautiful."

"Alright you love birds, home by 1 am please."

"Thanks mom, love you!" We walked out of the door as my mom smiled.

"Karene your so gorgeous." I blushed. He opened my door walked around the car and got in.

"So tonight, we are having dinner at Chico's then we will walk around the fountains. And then to end the night of, we will sit on the beach with my blanket and talk." I smiled. He was amazing.

"Sounds like a plan." He turned onto Fountain avenue. Parked in front of Chico's and got out. He opened my door and took my hand. He opened the door to Chico's. "Reservation for Harrison."

"Follow me please." We followed the man to the back of the restaurant. We sat down at a table. Ordered. And talked for what felt like hours. We walked out of the restaurant and started walking around.

"So Karene I have a question, where's your dad?" I knew he would eventually ask me about him.

"My dad is in jail. He cut my moms arm open one time when he was drunk and high. He abused her a lot. That's why I hadn't dated a guy before you came along. I didn't want to get hurt like my mom had."

He looked at me and then put his arm around my shoulder. "I won't ever hurt you, I promise." I smiled. He was so sweet.

"Harrison I have a question for you. Why did you leave Hawaii?" He stopped walking. It's like what I said stabbed him in the heart.

"We left Hawaii because of a girl. She was one of my teachers. She would give me good grades even when I knew I was failing my papers. She flirted with me. One day, I wouldn't go into her class at lunch alone. She slapped me hard across the face. Then she started failing me. She threatened to hurt me. Then she kicked me in front of the class. And some kid told their parent, and my mom found out. So we moved." He started walking again. He looked hurt. I leaned over and hugged him. His heart was racing fast. "Karene."

"Yah."

"You look so beautiful. And I'm not just saying that. Your so beautiful."

"Thanks. I try to be beautiful for you." He laughed.

"Harrison, have you dated another girl before?"

"Nope, just you. You are all I will ever need." He leaned down and kissed me on the cheek.

"Let's go sit on the beach." We walked over his car and grabbed a blanket and walked over to the sand. He laid the blanket down and we both sat. I leaned my head on his shoulder. He put his arm over my shoulder.

"Karene can I ask you a question?"

"Yah what's up?"

"Why do you love me." I sat there. I didn't know where to start.

"Your funny, hopeful, strong, blonde, a Christian, your kind to me, you treat me like a woman not a choice, and you just

make me feel special. Why do you love me?"

"Your beautiful, blonde, you surf, your a strong Christian, I feel like your the one, and you make me happy, and I feel

honoured to call you mine." I smiled. He kissed my cheek. I looked at him and kissed him on the cheek. He looked at me and smiled.

"What happened to a year?"

"Your worth it, and six months is enough, besides you never said you loved me for my body."

"Karene, will you go to prom with me?" I couldn't believe it.

"I would be honoured." He kissed me on the cheek.

"I love you Karene."

"I love you more." I closed my eyes and I felt safe. His Cologne flooded the air.

"I love you most." He said.