From This Day Forward

Parker's POV

It was the last day in Budapest, and there was still one thing I had to do. A mission like no other, something that would completely change my life. I woke up and went on a run, Karene joined me as we ran through the beautiful marble streets of Budapest.

"So, I found this beautiful water fall on the maps the other day and thought we should check it out. You up for an adventure Agent?" She nodded her head and we ran through a forest before coming to an opening. The water glided off the rocks that were a few hundred feet above us. We walked to the back of the water fall and discovered a small opening.

She and I sat down in silence listening to the rhythmic pattern of the water falling and hitting the rocks at the bottom. I looked over at her, sitting watching the water. Her beautiful blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail.

"Karene can I ask you something?" I said as she looked at me.

"Of corse." I stood up and she did as well.

"You are a beautiful person, with a beautiful strive to protect people. You are strong and have made me a stronger person. Karene, I never want you out of my life. I never want to fight with you, I want to wake up to you every morning safely in my arms." I knelt down and a smile came on her face. I pulled out the ring, shimmering in the light. "Will you let me protect you for the rest of our lives? Karene, will you marry me?"

She knelt down and looked into my eyes. "Yes. There is no other answer I could give. Yes, I would be honored to marry you!" She leaned in and kissed me, I felt her lips pull into a smile. We both stood up and walked out of the back of the waterfall. The ring dazzling on her finger, showing the world that this beautiful woman was mine.

When we got to the edge of the lake we both jumped in and swam around. After an hour we headed back to the hotel. Leaving this beautiful place was something I never wanted to do. When we got into the hotel room we started packing up, one day left. Karene showered and came into the room with nike shorts and a large t-shirt.

"I have an idea." She declared as she sat down next to me. I weaved her hand with mine. "What if we didn't go back? What if we moved to some crazy Island in the middle of nowhere and didn't go back?" I looked at her as she spoke intently.

"I mean we have been with them for a solid 6 years. With all the missions we have done we can retire as millionaires now. We could live a ravishing life style. Think about it Parker, never having to kill another person. And protecting well we love each other, we can protect each other." A smile came onto my face as she spoke.

I pulled her on top of me and kissed her. "Let's get the general on the phone. Get our last paycheck and go on an adventure." She smiled as we phoned the general.

We told the general that leaving would be the best for our new marriage. She congratulated us and told us she was sad to see us go, being we were one of the best couples in the industry. A paycheck was sent to our home base so we would have to return and get our gear.

After returning to the USA we grabbed everything we needed and received a first-class ticket to any where in the world and a paycheck of more than the normal amount. We decided to move to the coast of Denmark. We wanted the ocean, after a few years we decided to move back to California where Karene's roots were.

About 7 months later...

We walked through the streets of Denmark's famous coast line, Karene in her wedding dress, flowers in her hand. The people in the streets moved away as we walked together, flower petals were thrown in the air, as well as feathers.

Her hand was placed in mine, I planted a kiss on her forehead as we got into the car that would drive us to the airport sending us to California for our honeymoon. The only thing I could focus on was the ring on my hand, I never thought the day would come where I married a spy, let alone the most beautiful girl in the world.