TWELVE

Later that evening, the prince had dinner-much to his displeasure- with his mother and Audra for his birthday. He was sat on the very end, Audra sat right next to him, while his mother sat at the other end of the table...where his father would usually sit.

"So, Edward...how has your day been?" His mother asked softly, taking a bite off her fork.

"Um," the prince started, side glancing over at Audra, who was starring at him with a sour face. "It was fine."

"That's all you're going to say?" Imogen asked, "what did you do today?"

"I...nothing," Prince Edward lied, he didn't understand why he felt the need to lie, he had done nothing wrong today...he just took a very long walk with Kara.

Princess Audra scoffed from beside him, catching both his and his mothers attention. "Is something wrong, Dear?" Imogen asked her.

"No, of course not, Your Majesty," Audra smiled at her before looking back down at her plate.

After dinner, the prince rushed towards the doors, eager to get away from his mother, but he stopped when he saw Audra coming around the corner. He grabbed her arm as she walked my, halting her movements.

"Is there something that you need?" She asked him, avoiding eye contact.

"Something seemed to be bothering you at dinner," he said, still holding on to her arm to keep her from leaving.

"And you suddenly care...because?" She snapped, trying to snatch her arm back from him, but failing.

"What?" The prince asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You have never seemed interested in me...why now?" Audra asked, flipping some hair off her shoulder. She was right, Prince Edward has shown no interest towards her, probably because he has none; but he figures, if they are to be married, he should at least pretend he does.

"Because I do. Now tell me what's wrong," Prince Edward pushed.

The princess bit her lip, looking up at her prince, "you and Kara...what are you doing with her?"

"Kara?" Ed asked, letting go of Audra's arm, "what do you mean?"

"You seem to pay more attention to her than you do me...you even went on a walk with her after turning me down," Audra mumbled, playing with her fingers.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry about that...I should have gone on that walk with you," he sighed, "I apologize for my behavior today, I've just been under a lot of stress."

"Well, I guess I can understand," Audra sighed, "it is your eighteen birthday...I've heard that thats one of the biggest days for royals."

"Wait...are you not eighteen yet?" Prince Edward asked her.

"No, not until May," she said, cocking her head to the side. The princes eyes widened as excitement rushed though his body. If the princess wasn't eighteen until May, that meant they wouldn't get married until after that. This was the best news he had gotten all day. "I thought you knew that."

"No," Edward said, "does my father know that you are not eighteen yet?"

"Well, I would suppose he did...why is it such a big deal?" She asked.

"Its not, I was just asking," the prince smiled at her. "How about we go on that walk tomorrow, I fear its too late now."

"Sure," Princess Audra smiled, looking up at Ed with sparkling eyes.

"Goodnight, Princess," Edward said, leaning down to press a gentle kiss on the top of her hand.

"Goodnight, Edward," she said quietly, before taking her hand back to ascend up the stairs.