TWENTY FOUR

Prince Edward made his way out of the throne room, it's been a long day and him and his father just got out if another heated argument about what happened to the girl. The king thinks she killed herself...which makes Prince Edward think he's trying to cover his tracks. He really had no interests in playing his fathers murder game.

When he entered his chambers, he was surprised to see Kara, sitting on the edge of his desk. He took a deep breath, taking his sword out of it's holster to set it on the table. "I don't feel like arguing anymore tonight so you can save yourself the breath and just leave." Ed told her.

"I didn't come here to argue," Kara sighed, "even though that's all we seem to do."

"Then why are you here?" The prince asked, going to take his belt off.

Kara swallowed thickly. "I wanted to apologise. I was out of line earlier."

The prince was quiet for a moment, "No, actually, I want you to spy on Cameron. He's up to something, and it might have to do with my father."

"What do you mean?" Kara asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I think my father killed that girl," the prince whispered, stepping closer to Kara...even though no one could hear them.

"Where would you get an idea like that?" Kara asked.

"The dead girl...it was Maureen," Prince Edward told her, watching her face for a reaction.

"Wait...what?" Kara gasped, her eyes wide, "that makes your father look really bad."

"Yeah, its like he wants me to know he did it," Ed mumbled, running a hand though his hair. "And I think Cameron is involved somehow."

"Well, I'll check him out, but you won't like how I'm going to do it," Kara said quietly.

"Do I ever like the way you do things?" The prince smiled at her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I'm really sorry about earlier...I know I can't control you, and I'll stop trying to."

"You know," Kara sighed, wrapping her arms around his neck, "to be honest, I think it's cute."

"What?" He asked, scrunching his face in confusion. "A few hours ago you were about ready to end everything because of it."

"I was overreacting...I know you want to protect me, and I should be more...understanding about that. But you need to understand that I can protect myself too."

"I know," he sighed, looking down at her lips. "I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"I know, but I'm going to be careful...I promise," Kara assured, playing with the hair on the back of his neck.

"What if Cameron finds out about what we're doing, what are you going to do?" The prince asked, gently pulling away from her.

"Nothing. Because he won't find out," she shrugged.

"You don't know that," Prince Edward sighed, walking over to his desk.

"I suppose I don't, but I'm very sly when it comes to this stuff," Kara chuckled, following the prince.

"This isn't something to be joking about, Kara," Ed told her, taking a seat in his chair.

"I know, I'm sorry," she said, hopping up to sit on the top of his desk, "I'm not used to someone worrying about me, let alone caring about me."

Prince Edward got up out of his chair, walking over to stand in front of Kara, "Well, get used to it because I really care about you."

Kara smiled, pulling the prince closer to her. "I don't think I'll ever get used to it."

"Hm," he hummed, their faces were inches apart, "well, that's going to be a problem now, isn't it?"

Kara smiled, leaning in to connect her lips with his, the prince sighed, stepping closer to her so he could deepen the kiss. He ran his hands down her back, licking her bottom lip, asking for entrance. She let him in, his tongue immediately went in her mouth, the prince hurriedly ripped her shirt off her body, throwing it somewhere in the room. Her hands flew up to his hair as the kiss got heated.

Kara scrambled to take his jacket off, the heavy material hit the ground with a thump, "Expensive," was all the prince said before his lips were back on hers.

Kara chuckled, wrapping her legs around Ed's waist, "I'm going to guess that everything you're wearing is expensive."

"You are correct," Prince Edward laughed, dipping back down to kiss her. Kara moved her hands down to take the prince's brown shirt off, exposing his pale white torso. "Hey..." Ed breathed, "I think we should stop, this is too fast."

Kara raised her eyebrows, "Oh...yeah, of course," she hopped off his desk, falling against his chest. "I'm sorry."

Prince Edward sighed, bending down to pick his shirt off the ground, "Kara...."

"What?" She asked, grabbing her own shirt.

"We have to move one step at a time if we want this to work out," Ed whispered, putting a hand on her shoulder from behind her.

"I know," Kara sighed, her eyes trained on the ground. The prince wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into him so her back was against his bare chest, he leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"Its not that I don't want to do it...because...it's all I've been thinking about for the past few days," he said, burying his face in her neck, sending shivers down her spine.

"Really?" She asked, her voice shaky...this prince had no idea what he was doing to her.

"Mhm," The prince said quietly, sending his warm breath out on her bare skin, she shivered. He wasn't helping the fact that she wanted him so bad right now.

"I...should probably go," Kara breathed, moving to pull her shirt over her head. Prince Edward groaned, grabbing his jacket off the dirty floor.

"Can't you just stay here tonight?" He asked, Kara bit her lip.

"I can't...we'd get caught," she whispered, slowly making her way over to the door.

"No we won't," Prince Edward argued, chasing after her.

"We can't even have a moment alone without someone walking in...imaging what would happen if I stayed her for the night," Kara said, putting her hand on the door handle.

"Wendall is the only one that ever really comes in here...and he already knows about us," Ed shrugged, grabbing for Kara's hand.

"I can't risk it...we can't risk it," she sighed, pulling her hand from his. "I'll see you in the morning."

Prince Edward sighed, dropping his hand at his side as Kara closed the door behind her. He then walked over to his bed, falling back on it.

And for the first time in...forever, he felt like he had someone...a home.

Alright, I haven't updated in a while, and I HAD to add the cheesy ending. Lol

Enjoy!

-M🥀