THIRTEEN

King John is coming back to court today, so Imogen had all the servants readying the dining hall for his return. There was to be a big feast that everyone in the castle has to attend.

The prince was sat at the large table in the throne room with the princess and the King and Queen of France. His eyes were focused on the shiny wood as he picked at it, droning out the conversations around him.

"So, Edward...do you ride also?" The queen asked, snapping the prince from his thoughts.

"What?" He asked, looking up at her with wide eyes.

"Do you ride horses?" Queen Elisa asked, lifting her glass of wine up to her lips. Prince Edward cleared his throat, looking over at King Francis before speaking.

"Yes," he mumbled, his eyes averting over to the princess quickly.

"Oh! You and Audra should take a ride sometime then," King Francis added, "she's one hell of a rider."

"Daddy," Audra mumbled, a slight blush dusting over her cheeks. The prince forced a smile.

"I don't doubt it."

Audra smiled at him, "would you like to...go on a ride sometime?"

The prince smiled, looking up at the princess, only to see Kara walking past the open door. His smile disappeared as he scurried to get out of his seat. "Uh...Edward?" The queen questioned as she watched him rush out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Audra called after him, turning around to watch him.

"I just have something I need to do, I'm sorry," he said, quickly. Once he was out of the throne room, he stopped, scanning the halls for Kara. But it was like she'd disappeared.

It had been three days since that night, and Kara hadn't spoken to him since, in fact, he'd barley seen her in the halls.

He caught sight of her at the end of the hall...with Matthew. Something inside him bubbled, he didn't like this feeling...and he didn't like seeing them together. But why?

He stood there, watching Kara laugh at something Matt said. After a while, the prince felt himself getting angry.

"Sir, are you alright?"

"What?" Ed snapped, turning around, coming face to face with Wendall.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes," the prince said, looking over his shoulder at Kara and Matthew. Wendall caught on, also looking at the pair at the end of the hallway.

"Um, sir...-" Wendall started.

"Don't Wendall, I'm fine," Prince Edward snapped.

"Are you and Sir Matthew in an argument?" Wendall asked, watching the prince scowl at them.

"That is none of your business," Prince Edward mumbled.

"Alright, sir...you just seem...angry," Wendall said cautiously.

"I'm always angry these days," Ed mumbled, turning back to his servant. "Why are you here Wendall?"

"Your mother, she's in a frenzy about you dashing out," Wendall told him.

"Of course she is," Prince Edward grumbled.

"I suggest you be getting back in there," Wendall chuckled.

"Yeah," Ed said, glancing over a Kara again, to find her looking back at him. He tried to offer her a smile, but she had looked away. Ed frowned, walking back into the throne room.