Four

Shi's POV

I blinked. Absent mindedly, touching the cheek that Yan Da kissed.

"Shi?"

"Ah, Ge!" I answered, putting my hand down.

"Are you alright?" He asked. I smiled, nodding eagerly. I know that he has a lot of questions to ask but he instead ask as to how I am. That's the one thing that I like about him.

He was about to talk again when one of our servants came. Behind him is a healer.

"Prince Ka Suo, the healer is here."

Ge nodded, thanking the servant. He then approached the healer and directed him towards where Yan Da is. I want to go with them but if I did that it will only fuel more questions I rather not answer.

But... I wonder what's wrong with her? Is she going to be alright? Ah? What's with these questions? Forget it. I said that but I still feel worried.

Princess Yan Da, what have you done to me? These feelings are confusing.

With Yan Da...

"I just find him cute brother."

"Really? Because I saw how you clung to him as if you never want to let him go."

I was about to retort but the door opened revealing Ka Suo and a healer.

"Prince Xin Jue and Princess Yan Da, sorry to interrupt but the healer is here."

Xin Jue sighed, letting them come near me. The healer then checked on me. I saw the healer frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"Did something traumatic happen to you before coming here, Princess Yan Da?"

"Traumatic?" I repeated. Suddenly, I felt an unbelievable pain in my heart and in my stomach. I gasped clutching my gut.

"Yan Da!"

"Princess Yan Da!"

I can hear them call out my name but all I could concentrate on is the pain that I am feeling. It hurt so much like I'm being burned from the inside out again.

"Princess Yan Da, take small breaths." The healer instructed, trying to comfort me. I tried but it feels like someone's choking me. I whimpered. Tears coming out of my eyes.

Suddenly, the scent of cherry blossoms engulfed my being. Feeling arms around me.

"Ying Kong Shi." I called out, pitifully.

"Shh, it's okay. Calm down, Princess Yan Da."

Hearing his voice, I sobbed. Pulling him closer to me. The onslaught of memories in my mind is continuous. I remember when he died. I couldn't even go near him. That time, all I could do was watch him die.

Remembering that, my cries got louder. "Please, don't leave me anymore. Ying Kong Shi."

Shi's POV

I was about to leave and go see my mother when I heard Yan Da's name being called over and over again by the healer, my brother and Prince Xin Jue. I stopped. Waiting for a few minutes, to see if everything will calm down inside but it didn't.

Worried, I entered the room. Yan Da looked like she's in an indescribable pain. She was clutching her stomach and tears were falling from her eyes. I don't know what came over me but I went towards her, pulling her into my arms.

"Shh, it's okay. Calm down, Princess Yan Da," I said, trying to soothe her. I think it worked because she had stopped struggling. I was a bit surprised though when she pulled me closer to her.

Her sobs got louder too. Especially when I heard her say to not to leave her anymore. My brows furrowed. Mix emotions in my heart. I could feel the sadness, pain and longing in her voice like I did something more than literally leaving her.

"I won't. I promise." I just said even though I'm really confuse. We just met but it felt like she knew me before that. "So, don't cry anymore. Please, Yan Da."

I whispered, gently stroking her back. Little by little, I feel her breathing calm down. Only when I felt that she was totally calm, I moved myself a little away from her. She had fallen asleep again.

I sighed in relief. Slowly, I lay her down the bed. Looking back, I was met by three questioning pairs of eyes.

"I don't know." I replied to their silent questions.

"Prince Shi, I think it's best for you to stay by her side for now. It seems like something did happen to Princess Yan Da before coming here. And you're the only one who can comfort her." the healer suggested, looking at me directly.

"But we just met. How is it that I'm the one who can comfort her?"

"I can't answer that Prince Shi. Only she can. But no matter what the reason is, you're the only one who can calm her. So, stay beside her. It must be really something for her to have a panic attack like that."