Ten

Yan Da didn't go back to her room. She instead went to the garden of cherry blossom trees.

"I'm so confuse." She said to the tree. She could feel it pulsed under her touch. Her forehead and palm were pressed against it. Her eyes were closed, trying to gather her thoughts. Not to mention, Ying Kong Shi's father... I wish I have more powers and abilities than before. The ability to shield myself from others so that I will be undetected to them. The ability to detect Yuan Ji and defeat him.

The cherry blossom tree pulsed stronger. It heard her. It felt her heart. Seeing that it's pure and sincere, it covered the fire princess in its own aura. Yan Da gasped feeling the energy of the tree going inside her. Good luck, she heard it say before the pulsing stopped.

Yan Da blinked, checking on herself. She let out a surprised gasp. There are now markings on her body. Emerald and golden ones. On her wrist is a bracelet like marking. On the middle of it is a mark like the flame on her forehead.

Realizing something, she quickly transported herself in front of a clear ice. She checked on her face. There were two markings on her cheek too (like Sesshomaru). These ones were golden. She winched. These will be a pain to hide. I can't wear a mask. They'll think that something's wrong.

"Princess Yan Da?"

Yan Da's eyes widen. Immediately, she covered her cheeks. Turning around, she was met by Ka Sou's curious gaze.

"Uh... Prince Ka Suo. What are you doing in here?"

"Taking a walk. Are you alright?" the prince asked, going near her.

"Don't come here!" Yan Da unconsciously blurted out. Gya! Idiot! Why did you say that!? Now, he'll know that something's really wrong.

Ka Suo didn't listen. The fire princess is really acting weird. He couldn't just leave her alone. "Let me see." He said, holding her hands. Yan Da looked like she was about to cry.

Seeing that, Ka Suo gave her a gentle smile. Brushing his thumbs over hers. "It's okay."

Yan Da sighed, giving in. It's Ka Suo anyway. The prince tilted her head, looking at the marks. Yan Da winched. The marks burn for some reason. Ka Suo frowned not missing it.

"It hurts?"

"They burn." She admitted. Ka Suo then brought his other arm up, cooling the marks. Yan Da smiled, relieved. "Thanks."

"No, problem." Ka Suo said. The two didn't notice at how close they were. There wasn't any space between them at all. Anyone who'll see them will think that they're lovers... very much in love with each other.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Yan Da happily went back to the ice palace. The marks on her body were gone. Ka Suo's magical powers helped. She was about to enter her room when she saw a form standing beside it. Looking closer, she saw that it was Shi.

"Ying Kong Shi!" she called out cheerfully. The young prince didn't reply, though. He didn't even return her smile.

"What's wrong?" the fire princess asked in concern. 

"Nothing." Shi simply answered. "Now that I can see that you're fine. I'll be leaving."

"W-..." Yan Da frowned. Shi was gone even before she finished her sentence. What's wrong with him?

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

The next days, Shi had ignored her. Yan Da tried to talk to him but he always had an excuse. The fire princess was really confused. Did I do something to upset him? What's going on?

One night...

She went to Shi's room. She really had enough. Not long, Shi entered his room. His eyes widen when he saw the fire princess he quickly hid it though.

"Ying Kong Shi, can you tell me why you've been avoiding me these past days? Did I do something wrong?"

The young prince just kept quiet, avoiding her questioning gaze.

"Ying Kong Shi!" Yan Da yelled in exasperation.

"If you don't have anything else to say then leave."

Yan Da clenched her fists. She remembered the past when Shi said the exact same words. She laughed sarcastically. "And here I thought that we have a deeper bond than this. Is it because of our engagement?"

Not hearing any answer, she quickly left the room. She didn't want to cry in there. In the hall way, she broke down. Hugging her knees, she cried her heart out.

"Why is it that you're always like this when I see you?"

"Go away." Yan Da said to the older ice prince who was standing in front of her.

"Is it Shi?"

Hearing his name, the princess cried harder. Ka Suo smiled in sympathy. "He's still young. He doesn't exactly know what he's doing."

"I know but it still hurts," the fire princess said in a broken voice.

"True. Did you ask him what's wrong?"

"I did but he just brushed it off. Sooo annoying," she growled. Ka Suo let out a small laugh. He then offered his hand to her. Yan Da pouted, accepting the hand. She miscalculated her step, though, making her stumbled forward. Ka Suo quickly caught her in his arms. His arms were around her waist while Yan Da's hands were holding his shoulders. Their faces were so close. Just an inch away. All in all, they looked like they're about to kiss.

The two then heard a glass broke. In a flash, the two were apart. Looking at the direction where the sound came from, they were met by Shi's angry eyes. He looked like he was about to explode. His fists were clenched tightly. His lips were firmly shut.

"Ying Kong Shi..."

"Shi..."