Eleven

Shi quickly ran to his room. He could feel the tears streaming down his cheeks. His heart throbbed in pain. Much more when he saw them together that day... under his cherry blossom trees.

_Flashback_

He couldn't sleep that night so he decided to go there and practice his flute. He was really happy about his father's decision. He's engage to the person he likes. One thing was bothering him though. The uncertainty and defiance that he saw in the fire princess eyes when it was announced. She didn't look happy. Instead, she looked really angry.

Shi bit his lip, sighing. Maybe, she was just surprised. Seeing the trees, he smiled. It was instantly gone, though, when he saw the figures under it. His eyes widened in shock. His older brother was standing so close to his fiancé. A soft gentle smile on his lips. He even leaned in whispering something into the fire princess ear. Yan Da laughed. Her eyes meeting Ka Suo's soften gaze.

That time, uncertainty filled the young prince's heart. He was confused. He was hurt. Is brother the reason why she was angry when father announced our engagement? Are they...

Before he could do something stupid, he quickly left the place.

_Flashback ends_

When Yan Da left the room, he felt guilty. He knew that ignoring her the past days was unfair. It's not actually her fault if she's in love with his brother. His Ge is after all better than him. He is loved by all... unlike him.

So, he decided to go and see her. He wasn't ready for what he saw, though, when he went down the hallway. He didn't really need to see them like that. His young heart couldn't take it. Anger, jealousy and pain... it was too much. So, he ran.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

"Ying Kong Shi!" The fire princess called out, running after him. He was about to close his door but she was faster. She got inside before the door had fully closed.

Shi heaved, not facing her. He's really pissed. He doesn't understand it but he feels really hurt and jealous? He could feel his heart throb in pain.

"Ying Kong Shi?" he heard her call out again. Clenching his fists, he faced her. Yan Da was looking at him in worry and concern. Her eyes were pleading.

"It's not what it looked like. I tripped and he caught me." she explained. Shi let out a sarcastic and pained laugh. "Y- you two looked really good together, you know? I also saw you two before that under my cherry blossom trees. He was holding you so close that time too and you were happily looking into his eyes. Was that an accident too?" He spat. Unshed tears in his eyes. 

"Please believe me, it's really not what it looked like. That time he was helping me too." She said, going near him. Shi backed away. Every step that the fire princess took, he took a step back. Yan Da didn't stop, though. She was determined, backing him to the wall. Quickly, putting her arms up to trap him.

"Ying Kong Shi..." she uttered softly, meeting his angry and defiant eyes. "You're the one that I like."

Shi looked at her in disbelief. Yan Da sighed, seeing that he didn't believe her one bit. "Tell me. What can I do for you to believe me?"

The young prince didn't answer. He just continued looking at her. Yan Da bit her lip, cursing in her mind. Debating on what to do. I can only think of one way... but he's .... ahhh! screw it!!

Making her decision, she leaned in. Pressing her lips into his warm soft ones. Shi gasped in surprised, holding the fire princess shoulders. Debating whether to push her or pull her closer. He chose the latter. Closing his eyes, he returned the kiss.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

"Shi!"

"Ying Kong Shi!"

Ka Suo and Yan Da called out in horror. The young prince was now on the floor, clutching his chest in pain.

Shi felt his heart pulsed erratically. It started when he was kissing her. In so much pain, he pushed her away. "Argggh!!!" He shouted. What's going on with me!?

Yan Da's eyes widen in realization. She then faced the older ice prince.

"Take him quick. Go to the ocean." Yan Da said firmly. Telling Ka Suo that there's no room for questions and argument. Ka Suo was surprised at the order but seeing how serious she is. He nodded and took Shi, quickly leaving with his brother.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Yan Da let her aura out .Subtly, checking on the people inside the castle. She sighed in relief when she felt that they were all still asleep. Even Yuan Ji's presence wasn't there either. Where is he? Could he have followed Ka Suo and Shi?

She then got up, following the brothers.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

When she got there, she saw Ka Suo kneeling in front of a figure she knew so well.

"Yun Fei..." she muttered softly, going near the two. She saw that Ka Suo was looking at his brother in shock. "Ka Suo?"

"Y-yan Da... He..."

She squeezed the Ice Prince shoulder, reassuring him. "It's okay. It only means that his powers were starting to awaken."

"His powers?"

Yan Da nodded. "When we were training, I slowly unlocked his core. Ka Suo I know that he's really important to you. So only us should know about this." She said, looking at Ka Suo seriously. The prince looked at her in confusion. "Why?"

"Not here." She said looking around, expanding her aura. She couldn't detect anyone but them. However, it's still not safe. "But it's to protect him."

Ka Suo studied her, looking for anything that would contradict her words but he didn't find any. "I understand." He said after a while, smiling a bit. "You really care about him, huh?"

"Much," she answered, caressing the sleeping prince's cheek. Shi groaned, nuzzling her palm. The fire princess grinned. So, cute...

The two then lifted the unconscious prince up, going back to the castle.