Chapter 9

Sujin's POV

After school, Taehyung dropped me off at home as usual. When I entered the house,  nobody was home.

I shuffled to the kitchen and there was a note from my mom.

Sujin.
Hari and I went to the school that she's enrolling in next year and I'm afraid we'll be a bit late. Help yourself to some food in the fridge.

Mom.

Yes. More food for me. I opened the fridge and there was bibimbap that my mom made this morning.

I thought maybe I should pay a visit to the store where me and Miyeong thought to buy mom's necklace.

I took off my school uniform and changed into jeans and a white t-shirt.

I grabbed my jacket and took off.

The store wasn't that far. I entered and the sound of a little bell filled the empty shop.

I walked to the counter. Nobody was there.

"Hellooo," I called out,"Anybody here?"

I heard some shuffling at the back and someone emerged.
He looked really familiar. Jongnim.

He looked up and smiled.

"Hey Sujin." He waved at me.

"You work here?" I pointed at him.

"Yeah, my family and I own this business." Smiling.

"Oh, that's cool. I was thinking of looking at that pearl necklace that you guys had."

"That pearl necklace was a new stock that we just bought. It's really pretty isn't it." Showing me the necklace.

It was. The pearl was the mixture of creamy white and brown. It's stuck on a chain that looked really shiny. I'm surprised nobody bought it yet.

"It's beautiful." I exclaimed.

I looked up and saw Jongnim staring.

He then looked away shyly. Was he staring at me? No. Right? Just don't mind.

"So, uhh, who's the necklace for?" Asking nervously.

I snapped back to reality.

"It's for my mom's birthday."

"So, are you gonna buy it today or you gonna come another day?" He asked.

I thought about it and just remembered I don't have the money.

"Maybe another day. I don't have the money with me."

"Oh, okay." Smiling now.

I looked around for a bit and waved Jongnim goodbye. I decided to walk to the park for a bit before I go home. It started to get cold so I gripped my jacket closer.

When I got to the park, memories starts flashing in my mind.

*flashback*

"Sujiiin, I'm tired. Can we stop? My legs could start breaking any moment now." An exhausted Hari cried.

"A little bit further Hari. Taehyung! Stop slacking off!" I yelled at Taehyung.

"My legs could start breaking too." Pointing at his legs.

I stopped. "I don't care Taehyung. Just get up you lazy ass." Walking to him with my fists clenched.

He looked at me and jolted up. "Fine, fine. I'll run." And with that he did.

*end of flashback*

I smiled how I kept slapping his head whenever he stops. I stood to a stop when I saw Taehyung's house. I forgot to mention that his house was a block away from the park.

His house was pretty big, wait let me rephrase that, his house is big. A two storey with a pool. Cool ay. I remember swimming in that pool. Taehyung pushed me and I fell, swallowing some water.

I stared at his house for a while until I saw him come out half naked with a towel. He was heading back in the pool. Why couldn't he use the backdoor? Maybe he wants the world to j ow he has a hot body.

Wait, why did I think of that? Never mind. I kinda covered my eyes until he was outta sight. Don't take me the wrong way. Taehyung isn't that bad, it's just that I'll blush really hard and I'll go home looking like a tomato.

I sighed and left for home. I took off my jacket when I got home. Finally, mom and was home. They were eating pizza.

I ran over to the box and took a slice. Ymm, yum.

My mom and my sister were staring at me. "You ate as if it's your last meal, slow down." My sister smiled.

"I can't, pizza is supposed to be eaten like this." Almost finished with it.

"Yeah, by savages." She laughed.

"Hari, don't say things like that, and Sujin, eat with your mouth closed." She patted my back, as I was coughing from eating too fast. Should've listened.

I burped when I'm finished."'Scuse me." Pumping my chest with my fist.

I took another slice, but this time I'm eating slowly with my mouth closed.

"Where did you go? We came home but you weren't here." My mom asked.

"Oh, uhh, I-I was, just, walking to the park for some freash air." I gestured at the back of me.

"That's good, going out for some fresh air. Make sure you don't take long, it gets cold okay." She touched my arm.

"Okay." I answered.

With that, my mom went to her room for a rest. Hari then came to me.

"Did you really go to the park?" She questioned.

"Yes and no. I went to the shop where we're gonna buy mum's necklace and then I went to the park." I said, eating another slice of pizza.

"It's pretty isn't it."

"It is." Remembering how Jongnim stared at me.

"So, when are you gonna buy the necklace?"

"Maybe on Friday this week." Thinking that after I come from Taehyung's place I'll buy the necklace. I should tell my mom that I'm going to his house after.

She ran to her room then came back with her purse. She shuffled through her purse and got out the money.

"Here. Fifty dollars." Handing me the money.

I took it. "Thanks."

She looked confused."For what?"

"For providing most of the money. I know I'm a crappy sister and I'm supposed to provide the money but you did it. I'm proud of you." I cupped her cheeks.

She smiled and hugged me."No, its okay. You and mum usually do most of the providing. And you're not a crappy sister, you're the best of the best." She hugged tighter.

My eyes started to sting. I hugged her back and rested my chin on top of her head. These are one of the moments that I will never want to let go.