Step up for Yourself

The following day I was woken by Emily. She started kissing my chest, making me giggle. I ran my fingers in her hair.

"Good morning, beautiful. Can't sleep?"

"Nah." she kissed me gently.

"Ready to go?"

"Uh, do we really have to?"

"You promised."

"I know, I just don't really know what to tell her. There're too many things in my head."

"I'll be right there beside you." I kissed her.

"Fine." she sighed as she sat up.

"Listen, I know it's hard." I caressed her back "She asked about us before, I don't think there's gonna be a problem."

"What? What did you say?"

"We weren't together then. I told her the truth."

"Do I even have clothes here?"

"Yeah, you left some here, remember?"

"I don't wanna do this anymore." she whined as she walked to the wardrobe.

"Oh, come on, how old are you? Six? Life is so not perfect, learn to deal with it at last!"

"That wasn't very nice."

"I don't always have to be nice." I said as I hugged her from behind.

"Right. I don't have to be either."

"I never asked you." I kissed her neck.

"Don't." she moaned "You're unfair. We need to go."

"You're extremely sensitive. It actually turns me on..."

"Okay, cut it!" she snapped "Can we just go? You can get more than enough of me when we get back."

"Well, okay." I chuckled and pulled out some clothes for myself.

She didn't talk to me until we got into the car. She was still a little bit mad at me. When we got on our way she sighed.

"I don't know how to tell her."

"So you're ashamed of me all of a sudden?"

"No way." she said as she took my hand, intertwined our fingers and kissed it "It's not that easy, you know that I had only one girlfriend before. And I didn't need to tell her, she just caught us."

"Do you mean..."

"No, no. She caught us one night when Bianca was giving me a goodnight kiss."

"Just put it simply."

"I don't know, angel. I'm afraid. You know that Rob is a jerk, but I didn't tell you he is also a big fucking homophobe. If my mother sides with him everything's lost."

"You should tell her that he hit you several times."

"What if she won't believe me?"

"She will."

She remained silent for a couple of minutes then she looked back at me.

"You're not leaving me, right?"

"Forget about that already!" I groaned as I parked the car.

"I just... I think I'm kinda depending on you. I love and hate that at the same time."

"Em, I'm not leaving you." I cupped her face "I'm with you, no matter what. What's hanging in your neck?"

"A key." she mumbled.