Chapter 22: Another Promise?

“Welcome back Miss Edhingson. I hope you had a safe flight.” That voice.

“Joseph!!!” I hugged him with no etiquette at all. So, I was back with being Princess Nicole Brianna Stepford Edhingson. I’m back with my etiquette dress and pumps.

“You haven’t changed a bit, Nikki.” He smiled. He grabbed my luggage and went inside the limo.

He opened the door for me, “Thank you.”  I politely said.

While we’re on our way to the palace, I kept thinking of what will happen when I go back there. What is that important thing they want me to know about? And the most terrifying is… will I ever go back to London??

“Princess Nicole, welcome home.” He opened the door and I went out. I saw the clouds being a bit of orange and let the cool air of Eutopia hit my body. Gosh… I missed this.

I walked inside the palace. And when I got to the door, there they was waiting for me. Like I’m a lost child running to their parents, I ran as fast as I could and hugged them.

“I missed you Mother, Mark.” I smiled at them. But wait…

“Mother? Where’s Father?” I asked. Mum and Mark looked at eachother then Mum nodded at him.

“Let us proceed inside shall we.” We all walked inside our palace which I like to call our home. I noticed that we’re on our way to Mum and Father’s room. Why?? Is he sleeping?

The guards opened the door for us, showing my father, sleeping silently on his bed. I looked at Mum and Mark. They both nodded and I proceeded to my father.

“Father?” I sat on my knees to level with him. He slowly opened his eyes. And to my shock, he was so happy when he saw me.

“Nicole! You’re back!” He hugged me. Mum and Mark were smiling and went to us.

“I missed you so much father.” I entangled from the hug. He sat on his bed.

“Why are you in bed anyway?” I asked curiously. Father looked at Mum.

“And why do keep glancing on each other?! I mean, what is happening?!” I stood up.

“I guess… we should tell you the truth, love.” My Mum carefully said.

“Then, what is it Mother?!” I asked.

“Your father has cancer.”

That broke and shattered my heart into pieces….

Tears are not threatening to fall. They didn’t threaten, they fell like a waterfall.

“No…no… That’s not true! That’s not true! Mother, you’re lying!” I cried. Mum and Mark were crying now. Father didn’t do anything; he just sat in his bed, with his head hung down.

“We’re telling the truth Niks.” Mark said. I looked at Father.

“Father…” I went to him and hugged him.

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry I left you… I’ve been a bad daughter… And this is what happened… I’m sorry.” I cried on his lap. He soothed my hair.

“You didn’t do anything wrong my princess…” He keep soothing my hair.

“No! If I shouldn’t have left, this would’ve been prevented.” I cried.

“Love, don’t blame yourself. Nobody wants this to happen. Stop crying now.. Shhh…” My Mum’s embrace calmed me down. I went back to Dad and held his hand.

“I’ll never leave your side, Father. I promise…” I rested my head on his hand as he also fell asleep….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What will happen to Nikki?! 

Anyway, stay tuned for more chapters! No classes means more chapters. Haha!

- Alex