Chapter 20: You'll Never Lose Me

“Nikki? Are you ready? We’re going now!” Megan said. We’re having a dinner party tonight. I smoothed out my dress and wore my heels.  We were in a hotel now.

“Let’s go!” Megan and I took the elevator and went downstairs. We went to the restaurant and saw the boys, the band, Lou and Paul are already there. Liam went to Megan and escourted her to her seat. Sweet! I sat between Zayn and Louis.

“You look beautiful.” Zayn whispered. I smiled and thanked him.

While eating, I hit Louis leg. He looked at me.

“We need to talk.” I whispered. He nodded and waited for the right cue.

“Excuse us.” We both stood up and gave Meg a look. She nodded.

“Why are they leaving?” Niall asked.

“No, they’ll just talk about something about Tiffany, I think.” Megan entertained them.

We were in the garden. Louis looked at me.

“Why?” He asked.

I sighed, “I need to go back to Eutopia, tomorrow.”

“What! Why?” He asked.

“My family needs me. I saw Mark earlier and told me it’s urgent. I think it’s about Father.” I said.

“Well, go. They need you. I’ll support you.” He smiled.

“That’s not easy! How will we tell the boys?!” I said.

“It’s easy. Tell them the same without name-dropping. Without the name Mark and without Father. Call him Dad to be more modern. And don’t answer if they say what’s the problem. I’ll catch you there.” He said.

“Thanks, Lou.” I hugged him. We went back to our table and sat there silently. I looked at Louis as a que.

“Uhm, boys, Lou, Paul, and Meg. Nikki ahs something to tell us.” Louis announced. All of their heads are turned to me.

“What is it, love?” Liam asked.

“Uhmm, I’m going back to Eutopia tomorrow.” I said. They were all shocked.

“What why???” Harry asked.

“You don’t like it here?” Niall asked.

“You’re leaving us?” Zayn asked. I looked at them.

“No. It’s not that. It’s just… my family needs me. I think my Dad has something to tell me. I think it’s about his condition and I’m totally worried about him. Guys, I don’t care if they’re too strict about me. They’re my family.” I said.

“What’s the problem about your Dad?” Liam asked. I stayed silent… Louis!!!!

“Let’s end the conversation there. I think Nikki doesn’t want to tell us. It’s family privacy guys.” He said. Thank you..

We all stood up and went to our own rooms. Megan is sleeping in Liam’s room tonight, leaving me in our room.

While I was walking, Zayn went to me.

“When are you leaving?” He asked stopping me to walk.

“Tomorrow morning.” I said. This will hurt….

“Please don’t leave…” Zayn said with a hurt voice.

“Zayn, my family needs me. I’m sure that’s what you’ll do to if you’re in my situation.” I walked passed him but he caught my arm and hugged me.

“Okay… but promise me you’ll go back after the problems.” He said, soothing my hair. I held his arm tightly.

“I promise.” I closed my eyes and we stayed like that.

“I don’t want to lose you, Nikki.” He said staring at my eyes.

“You’ll never lose me, Zayn.” I kissed his cheek and hugged him for the last time. I went to my room and cried silently till I sleep.