9

Oh God! headaches! It feels like my head's being stabbed over and over.

Then my phone ring and I saw on my screen

'3 missed calls'

I answered it. "Hello?---"

"Thank God you answer it. I was calling you since forever!" He said

"OA mo ha! 3 missed calls nga lang eh!" I replied then I went up and put the tray at the kitchen.

"Hays baka walang signal! Bakit ka ba tawag ng tawag kagabi pa? Inistorbo mo beauty rest ko gaga ka!" Pagsasalaysay nya bigla ko na namang naalala ko na sya pala yung kinokontak namin kagabi pa ni Sheena before pa kami tamaan ng alcohol.

"Kasi naman we kept on calling you and you didn't answer any! We had a night out last night. Sheen and I" I turn it to loudspeaker while I'm washing the dishes

"Time differential girl! At distance! Hello Canada po ito binibini! At anong kept on calling? Dalawa nga lang natanggap ko!" 'Tsss.' I can imagine him while complaining right now

"Dami mo talagang palusot Tim! Kaya ka iniwan ni Sheena eh! " pagbibiro ko.

"Excuse me? Its our decision kaya! At di parin ba malinaw na gay ako? Gay! As in G-A-Y!"

Tim is Sheena's ex-boyfriend. but after 2years after they breakup malaman laman namin naging bakla na 'poging bakla' but he's not into relationship talaga. its just that he is really malambot even before pa maging sila ni Sheen. We three are solid highschool barkadas. Laging magkakasama as in. Then by college naging four kami sa group after I joined one of my closest blockmate only to cause trauma to myself. Reminds me of my poor decision making.

Haysss...

Anyways,

Sa college naging mag boyfriend and girlfriend si Sheen at Tim. Parang try lang daw. Mga loko loko rin talaga. Pero at least now, we three talaga never leave each others side, except sakin pero they try to understand naman my situation at that time.

By the time na magdecide ako to hide and go to the states. Tim decided also to come with me. Napakaswerte ko sa kanila ni sheena. Ayoko lang rin madamay si Sheen that time dahil election season noon sa philippines and baka madamay pamilya nya so I hide even from her.

Tim was willing to stay with me kahit gaano daw katagal pero syempre sobra na nga yung 1 month. He also came from a well-known family that works with food industry so kahit mag stay sya and wag mag work for years okay lang sa kanya basta masamahan ako. Buti na nga lang at ngayon he finally found his passion and pursue his love for fashion kahit against yun sa 'business mindset' ng family nya.

Right now he's establishing his name sa fashion world and I must say na he's succeeding. Nagpapasalamat pa nga sya sakin dahil daw sa nangyari nahanap nya ang sarili nya na lang na habang magisa sa States nagkaroon sya ng time na mag reflect sa sarili nya.

Everything really happens for a reason. And I'm really happy for what happened to him kahit pa sa parte ko ay hindi naging maganda.

"Anyways, kamusta na ang inaanak ko? Baka naman ibinalik mo na sa tatay ha! Sasabunutan kita dyan!"

He was the one who took care of me with my pregnancy sa New York for the first month of our stay there before I decided to move to Ninang's house sa Canada where no one would really know us. While staying kasi kay Tim we almost got caught. I notice men keep on following me and even Tim on his way to his work. Kaya I decided to stay somewhere away from the urban.

I remember how happy ninang was knowing that we need a place to stay in and she gladly offer her house mag-isa narin naman kasi sya sa buhay after her husband passed away.

"Syempre hindi no!" Sagot ko with full of confidence

"Dapat lang!" he said while doing some stuff sa background nya. Mukhang may pinanggalingan itong event sa NY dahil makalat ang kwarto nya.
"Pero tanong lang ha, minsan ba naisip mo na dumating yung araw na magkaalaman na? Yung tipong kakailangan narin ni Kyle malaman yung totoo?" Then from there it made me silent. My lips parted. I again realize the gravity of this situation I am in.

Am I prepared for it?

"Hey, I'm just joking!" Pagbawi nya sa sinabi. Maybe he notice how I went silent from his casual question. Someone from the background called him. Baka kailangan na sya sa prod.
"Sis, gotta go! My client is looking for me na. Byebye dear! Love you!" and the call ended.

Paano kayo? Paano nga kaya if mangyari yun? Kaya ko ba?

I was busy checking on some documents when my secretary knocked.

"What is it? Didn't I tell you to not accept any calls or anyone. I'm busy---' I'm not done yet talking when someone interupt me, a familiar voice.

" even me?"

"Mom? What are you do---'

" why? Bawal ba bistahin ang anak ko? Hmm?" She said while checking on my being.

"Mom that's not what I meant, what I mean is you should've called me or just let me know that you're coming home hindi yung uuwi ka na lang basta edi sana nasundo kita sa airport." I said to make her feel good, but i do really mean it.

"Well, I'm here alreadyok? So nothing to worry my son." She said then roam around my office

"So how's dad? Is he okay?" I started.

"Hmm, he's doing fine naman and he's really strong maybe by the end of this year he's coming back also, he just need to relax to Switzerland and getaway from anything that could cause him stress" she started to arrange some stuffs from the shelves in my office

"by th way, do you have any communication with your brother?" She faced me.

"None. The last time I checked, I congratulated him for finishing his doctorate degree in england and since then I got no news from him. Why?"

Tho I don't care at all, I just need to congratulate him coz if not, for sure my Dad would get hysterical as if we're still kids that needs to be always in good terms

"So you still don't know that he's here in manila" my mom said while arching her brows at me

"I don't. As if I need to know everything about him." I told her without even looking to where she's standing. I'm trying to hold my cool but just the thought of him makes me go mad.

"Mom, why do you even care about him? He's not your son" his presence or even just him na napaguusapan naiinis ako.

"Lucas Xavier, Bakit ba sa t'wi na lang napaguusapan kapatid mo nagagalit ka? He's your brother!" She said also trying to not burst out.

"I'm sorry mom. I just can't take it that easy. Dad hide him to us for more than 20 years and it's not that easy for me."

All along I thought we are what people call us as the 'perfect family'. My mom being the kindest and sweetest. And dad who always takes care of us. Even the thought of doing something bad to my mom or dad will make you feel bad for yourself. I can't imagine dad doing something like that to my mom. Though, he said it wasn't his fault and that he never intended to commit such thing with a woman she just met in one of his speaking engagement in London. He tried hiding it away because he never want to hurt my mom. He was able to do so, not until 2 years ago that my mom received the letter that was supposed to be for my Dad about a woman who died from cancer and now a man almost of my age wanted to meet his father which is my dad.

My mom being the kind person she is, was able to accept it easily and forgave dad for what he did. My mom didn't even get mad because of the woman or the child, but because dad hide it from us.

I get up from my seat and went to my mom's direction. I hug her and caress her back

"Don't worry mom I'll try my best to accept it. Just give me more time."

"I understand son. I understand" she said between our hug.

__________