18

Hindi ko na namalayan ang oras lagpas tanghalian na pala buti pala kumain ako kanina kasama si Luc--

ah sht.

dali dali akong napabalikwas sa pagkakahiga ko at agad nag ayos. Naghilamos lang ako nag toothbrush. I did my usual makeup routine pag nagmamadali. kilay, blush, mascara, at nude matte lipstick. Bigla kong naalala tong bagong bigay na lip gloss ni Sheen sakin nung huli naming kita.

sana bumagay sakin. I put just a little to make my lips look plump.

after kong mag-ayos kinuha ko lang yung hand bag na dala ko kanina sa airport at dali daling sumakay ng elevator.

hays. bakit naman ba kasi masyado mong sinulit tulog mo Jane. ano na lang sasabihin ni Dad pag nalaman nyang nagpapabaya lang ako dito.

Him and I are supposed to have a lunch meeting with the government officials here in Cebu. It's a way of thanking them and strengthening the relatonship with them whenever Dad would come here. And now its me and him who have to meet them pero I overslept.

Pagkabukas ng elevator dumerecho agad ako sa conference room ng hotel that our team from manila booked for us.

"Thank you very much for your time, Governor. It's always our pleasure to have you and the whole city of Cebu be one with our Company here." Lucas said to the governor with other government officals from Cebu while walking towards the exit.

shocks. they're already done with the meeting.

sinubukan ko na lang hindi magpahalata at sa likod na lang nila ako pupwesto.

"likewise, Mr.Marquez. I'm also glad to finally meet De Marco's son-in-law--" and the governor noticed me "oh, Jane, is that you?" the governor looked at me with a smile that turn into a concerned look. He knows me, Dad bring me with him na before to few of his business trips here in Cebu.

"Good afternoon, Gov. Good afternoon honorables. Sorry, I wasn't able to attend the meeting I was--"

"No, it's okay. Your husband, Mr.Marquez, already explained to us why you can't attend the meeting. Have you rested well? You must've overworked yourself back in manila" the governor asked. Napatingin ako kay Lucas he just raised his brows as if asking me to just go with the flow.

"ah yes. Very well, Gov. Thank you for your concern. So are you heading back to the city hall now?" I asked out of courtesy. I at least know how to act in front of high profile persons since Dad has been with many of them ever since I can remember.

"Yes, we are heading back now. We still have lot of things to do, but it was great meeting your husband. At least we got to talk about some changes and improvements to be done for the company and the city of Cebu. He's a nice guy."

husband. nice guy. wow, that sting.

I wasn't able to react right away after what I heard, so Lucas just answered instead, and the team head to the lobby where they will have their ride back to the city hall.

"Again, thank you very much for your time gentlemen, Gov. It's our pleasure to meet you. Let's head this way?"

I just walked behind them holding my hand bag closely.

son-in-law. husband.

iba pa rin dating nito sakin. may kung anong gustong mag react sa kalooban ko. di ko alam kung positibo ba o negatibo.

habang tulala ako sa mga salitang narinig ko di ko na namalayaan na nasa tabi ko na pala si Lucas ibig sabihin wala na sila Gov kaya pahabol na lang din akong kumaway sa paalis nang sasakyan nila.