15

Jane

Nandito kami ngayon sa airport, sa VIP lounge, kasama ko si Dad at Jeff, pero umalis muna si Jeff to talk to someone daw, i don't know. maybe regarding his flight.

Yes, his Flight.

Dad ssuddenly decided to send Jeff to Canada to head the Company that Mr. Marquez handed over to Dad's company in exchange of some deals and what makes me more shocked is, si Dad pa mismo ang kumausap kay Mr. Marquez regarding the position.

Honestly, I don't know and I don't have any idea of what dad is trying to do.

After what happened that day, parang dooms day na lahat sakin. I make every excuse I can para lang di ko sya makita sa company. Sasabihin ko sa secretary ko sa office na may mga need ako asikasuhin kahit wala naman. Nagmakaawa pa ako kay Jeff na tulungan ako kahit mag work from home na lang ako pero hindi pa rin dahil Dad would always always always look for me. So I have no choice but to come to office. Buti most of the time wala naman sya.

Ayoko na. Pagod na ako. Gusto ko na lang bumalik ng Canada with Kyle pero inaalala ko si Dad. I can't just leave him again.

"Jane, Can you get me something to drink?" utos ni dad. I was about to go get it na when I realized something. He has an around 3 assistant with us today, Why does he had to ask me pa? I will do it naman, pero napatigil ako sa naisip ko.

"Hey, Jane, did you hear me?" he noticed that I stopped.

"A-ah yes, I mean I'll go get you some drinks" I said and walk straight sa buffet are to look for a drink.

I just get him a sparkling water and an orange juice so he could pick.
After I bought drinks I went back to our seats when two men arrived.

He's here. with his secretary

Jeff's also arrived together with the manager of the airline he's riding. How do I know? I just assumed.

"Uhm, Dad here's your drink." I gave him his drink. He reached out for the sparkling water and just hold it not even opening the cap and started chitchating with Mr. Marquez about business plans they have.

We just stayed there in the lounge until we heard Jeff's flight being announced.

"Dad, I'll get going" Jeff hugged dad. Then he came over to me. He put his both hands on my cheeks and squeeze it like a kid. "Tss." I mouthed.

"I love you lil'sis. Take care okay?" He hugged me "Please be a good girl. You're a grown up now. Love your family, always take care of Kyle and your husband." I removed his arms. he lower down his voice when he mentioned Kyle's name.

"Jeff, you too, be good man. And please go get a wife already! I want to have niece and nephews!" we both smile. "I.... Just want you to be happy." I caressed his cheeks. "Don't hesitate to call me if anything happens okay?" I then said.

"You too. Don't hesitate." Then he squeeze my hand a little and face Mr. Marquez "take care of her." Then he headed to the departure area while waving his hand.

We waited for him until he reached his gate then Dad started walking away back to the entrance of the airport.

"Let's go, Let's eat out." Dad said. Nagkatinginan kami ni Mr. Marquez. He gestured his hand telling me to go first. So I just walk after Dad and Mr. Marquez beside me.

This is so awkward.

I walk slowly so I can be behind him. So now Dad and him are walking together while I was at their back like a P.A.

While we we're heading to the exit door my phone ring so I held it and check who's in the caller ID, when I suddenly bump into hard wall--I mean back of the person in front of me.

I put my hand on my forehead to rub off the sudden bump. When Mr. Marquez held my wrist and then check out my forehead himself.

I look up and saw his concerned look. He was just looking into mine with crease on his forehead.

"Ehem," Dad made a fake cough to catch our attention while trying to hide his smile.

"Jane, just go with Lucas, I'll go ahead, just see you at the restaurant ." Dad said and just ride his car.

Seriously? Is he really my dad???

"Does it hurt?" he asked while still looking at my forehead. "no" I said right away just to get away from his stare.

I heard him sighing before reaching out for the car door.

"Let's go." Mr.Marquez said then open the door and let me get inside first and sit beside me.

"Just follow Mr. DeMarco's Car" he told the driver and the driver just nod.

I just look outside through the dark tinted window. When a hand suddenly held my chin and gently turn my head to his side. The same concern look meet my eyes. He look at my forehead again but my hair is blocking his view so He tucked my hair at the back of my ear.

I was about to turn my head away from him when he even come closer and touched my forehead. I can almost feel his warm breath. I just closed my eyes.

"Let me see." he said calmly and touched my forehead. something in his voice made me obey his words. I don't know what's happening to me. Why can't I bring myself to stop him. I just bit my lower lip to ease myself.

This is so awkward.

"Stop that." He said which made me open my eyes again and saw him so close to my face and staring intently at my lips. A crease form in my head.

"W-what?" I replied. He just refrain from talking and remove the hand that's holding my chin, but his other hand was still on my forehead while his thumb still rubbing against it.

I took a deep sigh and using the back of my hand push his hand on my forehead away and look away outside the window.

"I'm fine. Don't be so O.A."

A deep sigh came out from him.

"Still so stubborn." He whispered. "and conyo" he added.

I stared back at him but he was just looking at his phone and checking emails.

"We're here sir." The driver said as we arrived at the hotel where the restaurant Dad chose to eat.

He went out first and didn't even open the door for him. tss.

My god, I thought you're pushing him away? why do you expect?

"Thank you." I said to the driver and come out of the car.

Just when I thought he already went inside the restaurant without even waiting for me, I saw him waiting for me at the door way of the hotel. Assumera. Well, I can tell 'coz the moment I arrived to where he was standing, that's the only time he started walking. So now we're walking side by side.

'Stop that, bitch.' one part of my brain said.

_______________________