14

Jane

I wasn't able to sleep well last night because of what happened. It feels like the thought of him coming back to my life was torturing my whole being especially my mind.

As I enter the company derederecho lang ako. No one seemed to notice it 'coz they were all busy going around, I'm really not into attention but something's really happening 'wrong or good'? I don't know--

"Goodmorning Ms.De Marco" one of the receptionist greeted a little louder than usual greetings. I think it was because she realized it was me a little late.

She caught some attention that made other employees greeted me. Out of curiousity I ask the receptionist ,who first greeted me, about what's up with the company and why is everybody's all over the place.

Todo linis yung mga staff sa housekeeping dept. Yung mga employee kanya kanyang madali papuntang elevator di pa nga magkandaugaga ang iba mai-tap ang id nila sa scanner ng entrance sa lobby.

"Ah, Ma'am De Marco, weren't you notified about the coming of the new acting CEO?" She stated carefully, assessing whether I am informed or not. And my answer is a clear NO.

"W-what new acting CEO you're talking about?" I said giving her a confused look from what she just said. Suddenly Jeff's face flashed in my head. I quickly went to the VIP elevator itching to get an answer from all the questions in my head right now and only Jeff is what I can think of

"What the heck you are doing, Jeff?" I said to myself.

As I was heading to the elevator to head to Jeff's office, which is the current acting CEO of our company, unless it's really true that someone take over his position. I took out my phone to dial Dad's number 'coz he really need to know about this.

While I'm busy typing Dad's name on my phone, I noticed the employees stood still from their places and bow their head as a group of men wearing expensive suits arrived.

Jeff got out of the elevator where I was standing still and look at me for a while a sighed deeply before passing by me and went to the directon of the group of men in suits.

"Goodmorning Dad," Jeff greeted and that made me face their direction fully and that made me regret facing their direction. After Jeff hugged Dad, he shake hands with the person standing beside Dad.

"Goodmorning Mister CEO." Jeff said full of smile all over his face and even did a manly hug with him.

"Oh God! What's happening? What is Jeff and Dad doing right now?" I said to myself.

"Why is he here?" My hands are shaking. I need to get out of this place as soon as I can. I was about to leave and did my best for them not to catch me escaping again. I stupidly cover my face with my sling bag when I heard him chukle.

"Jane." Dad call my name.

'Please,Dad.' I whisper between my lips that are now becoming dry as hell and my legs they feel like cracking any moment.

As I walk towards them I suddenly realized how stupid I look like trying tp avoid him. Why am I so afraid of him? I should show him that he got no effect on me. So, I composed myself and took a deep breath.

Jane, you got this!

I gestured raising hands to Dad and try my best to look as confident as I can be.

"Hi dad!" I kissed his cheeks and hug him.

"Jane, join us with the board member meeting with our new CEO." He said and look to the man next to him.

"Dad, I can't---" Dad didn't even let me finish and just bring me with them.

Since the meeting started, up until now I don't feel any easeness. He just keep staring at me and we would sometime meet each other's eyes.

The meeting was about to end when I stood up and leave the room. I head to the Comfort Room when somebody grabbed my arm.

I didnt face him coz I know who he is. I know whose hands are those.

I take back my hand and started to walk away when he grabbed my hand again.

"Would you please stop grabbing my arm?" I said between my gritted teeth, trying not to caught anyone's attention. Then he loses his grip on mine.

This time I face him and look at him. I made sure that he'll see through my eyes that I don't want him around me. But coldness was just written all over his face then it slowly soften.

"What? You dont have anything to say? Then let me go."

"Leave Miguel alone." He said and I can feel his grip becoming harder but his eyes are pleading.

"Don't you dare tell me what I should and should not do."

"Yes I can Liezl. 'Cos you're my wife!" His voice roared in the empty hallway.

What he just said made my heart beat fast. His hands are getting tighter.

My mouth complained in pain.

"L-Lucas, you're hurting me." I said almost whisper.

From that, his hands losen its grip on me.

"Just.... please do it. Jane" Hi words send shiver to my skin.

But I can't just do it. I pulled my arm out of his hands.

A part of me complain on what I did, but also part of me saying it's the right thing to do.

"Stop acting as if you care for me, Mr. Marquez" I said and avoid his eyes and just stare on the floor.

A deep sigh came out of his mouth.

He lean over me and put his hands on my chin and made me look at his eyes.

"If you only knew, Jane." He said then gave me soft kiss.

A gentle one. Far from what he did when he saw me at the restaurant with Miguel.

I miss this.

Part of me is hoping that he would make it go deeper, but I fight the urge and pushed him with all my might.

"I'm not YOUR Jane, anymore." I said while panting after his kiss. "Stop dreaming, Lucas! That won't bring you any good" then I smirked.

He reached out and caress my cheeks. I quickly rejected it and smack his hand with the back of my hand.

"Lucas! Let's go for lunch." It's Dad. Then Lucas slowly step back and look at Dad's direction. I looked the other way so Dad won't see how devastated I look.

"Yes, Sir. After you." He replied to Dad.

"Okay, we'll just wait for you at the lobby downstairs." Thankfully Dad didn't ask anything else and just leave.

"This is not the last time, Jane. I'll see you more often now." the side of his lips is trying to show a smile but I know deep down it really ain't his smile.

He fixed his suit before leaving.

after he left I breathed heavily as if I was of hold the whole time we were talking.

No, Not again. Please.

____________________

Yey! Pay back time for me. Thanks for waiting guys.

Like,Vote,Comment and shareeeee.