2

"So what are you planning to do now? Care to share?" I asked my brother Jeff, who just finished his meetings.

"Not yet, I'm still gathering my thoughts. Look, I just finished 3 hardcore meetings, dear sis. Let me breathe first." He said while massaging his temple.

I feel bad for him. Only if I wasn't a stubborn kid before, none of this could have happened and he wouldn't be put in this kind of situation.

"I'm sorry, Jeff. If only I lis--" he cut me off

"what did I tell you about past is past? and stop saying sorry for things you don't have control over?" he leaned to his glass desk and open his iPad and started scrolling through different articles written about our company.

"yeah, it's just really hard to break a habit." I jokingly said to lighten up the mood.

"Anyways, I have to go now. I just signed in some papers for the re-opening of my branch. I will get him na and bring him to the mansion one of these days, just have to get things settled in first." I said while fixing my stuff.

"Yeah, we at least need a breather from all this stress going on in the company. Especially, dad. He'll probably feel better after seeing him." He said not even looking away from the screen of his iPad.

"I hope so. I'll go ahead, Jeff. Thanks again" I waved to him goodbye and went straight to my car.

As I was driving my way out of the basement parking lot of the company. I saw a familiar car pass by infront of my car and went inside basement.

No, I heavily doubt that. It might be just similar.

I arrived in my Ninang's house here in Bulacan. I parked my car and saw him running straight to my car.

"Honey!" I went up to him and hugged him tightly.

"I really miss you, honey." I repeated.

"I miss you too, Mom." that's Sean Kyle, my son. His sweet voice is like music to my ears.

"So, how was the trip?" I asked him while Ninang came to me from the kitchen.

"Hay nako, Jane. Tulog lang yan buong biyahe namin. Buti na nga lang eh para di mangulit ng mga flight attendant. Naalala mo yung kwento mo nung nagbyahe kayo papuntang Hawaii? " Pagsasalaysay ni Ninang habang natatawa nang maalala yung naikwento ko sa kanya. Last year, my son and I went to Hawaii and met with Jeff and Dad there. And on the way, he keeps on calling the attention of the flight attendants and ask them multiple questions about their job and the airplane. He even wants to talk to the pilot. He's a very curious kid and an intelligent one. Indeed, like father, like son

She's my Ninang Claire, my mom's bestfriend and the one who took care of my son and I while were in Canada. Pag may lakad ako doon sa kanya ko naiiwan si Sean. Nauna akong bumiyahe pabalik dito sa Pilipinas tsaka silang dalawa sumunod. I checked first kung okay ba situation dito and if Sean can manage being away from me, but just after 2 days of being away from me, he started crying non-stop.

"Im hungry, Mom" he said frankly.

"Diba kaka bake nyo lang ni Ninang ng cookies?" I told him as we are walking inside the kitchen

"But I want you're food." he meant the food that I cook.

"Okay, okay, I'll cook you food, what do you want?" I ask.

"hmmm..." he gestured his hand as if he's thinking deeply.

"how about a breakfast dish, mom." He said and went away to relax him self at the couch.