Prologue

"Hey love, are you on your way na?" I called him to check kung nasaan na sya. I'm already here sa birthday party ng bestfriend nya, just a little early.

I want to help with the decorations. Since this was only a house party kasi Kris decided to celebrate na rin his new place. I offer to help.

"I will be late. Sorry, the launching of the new building will be in a few days time. I really have to stay a bit longer to oversee the people." he said in a very apologetic tone. I felt a bit disappointed. But I do always understand him.

"what a hardworking future CEO, and a loving husband I have. No worries love, di pa naman nagstart"
I said, assuring him that it's fine with me.

It's always fine with me.

"Okay, that's good to know. You know I hate being late. But I already messaged Kris tho," He really hates being late. except for me.

"And behave there for me, okay? and only think of me. I trust you. It's them I don't trust." That's him being protective again. I understand him tho, after what our relationship had been through because of people wanting to destroy us.

Also, their highschool and college barkadas are also coming. That's why.

"Of course I am, love. Just promise me na susunod ka"

"I promise, I will. Okay? I have to go. See you later" I was just about to say something back but he already ended the call.

Everyone's busy. There's Kris' family and all the helpers and caterers. My friends Tim, Sheena, and our M.I.A friend Drixie will come too. MIA coz she's been missing-in-action for months now for an unknown reason, she just said she's busy.

I excuse myself and went to the bathroom.

I reach for the small tool I placed in front of the bathroom sink. I looked at myself in the mirror and can't help but smile with the thought of Lucas seeing it. But then my smile fade out quickly as I was reminded of the pictures sent to me last night while I was about to leave the store.

I just brush it off. I don't wanna ruin this night. I have a surprise for him too. I started fixing my things when I felt cramps in my stomach. A very painful one.

I looked for my phone but I can't find it. I maybe left it in the garden after I made a phone call.

My knees gets jelly and I can't help but fall on my knees and pray that someone will come and help me. I tried standing up. Using all the force I have left to try to open the door but I can't.

Then I heard a knock on the door.

Finally, the universe heard my prayer.

But still, it's locked. I am losing it. I'm already crying out of pain.

So one last time I tried reaching for the door knob and finally opening it and there I saw my phone being held by Tim. Even when I'm in great pain I tried to get up and reach for it. He attended to me and help me get up.

"Hey, are you okay?" He check up on me.

"Oh my god. Jane! Anong nangyari sayo? Namumutla ka. We just arrived and I saw your phone sa garden so I look for you. Lucas is calling, should I answer it?"
He told me straight without even breathing in between.

"don't answer. he's busy" that's all I was left to say.

His eyes look around and assess what happened to me. He then saw my purse open and he saw the thing I was trying to keep as a surprise.

"please don't tell anyone about this." he just nodded.

He picked me up and bring me to the guest room. Thankfully the staircase if just close to the powder room where Tim saw me laying down on the floor.