Rising Darkness

Estefania's P.O.V.

That strange laugh scared me even more than the rolling stones. I hid behind my mother and hoped for this to end, for all of this to end. The two girls, Andrea and Elizabeth, hid behind their mother. My daddy and Elizabeth's dad stood up to the creature. "Pitch! Show yourself!" my dad yelled out to the air. My mama got defensive and so did aunt Anna.

"If you say so," I heard a sly voice say. Suddenly, I was getting pulled back by hands. No, ropes. I tried screaming for help, but those ropes formed between my lips, preventing me from talking. But that didn't stop me. I kept screaming, or at least making noises. The ropes suddenly stopped pulling me. In the end, I was pulled at a distance away from my family. I could still see them, but not very clearly. "You wouldn't hurt your own daughter, would you?" That wicked voice inquired. I kept struggling to free myself but the ropes wouldn't budge. If anything, they got tighter. I felt myself being constricted to the point that I had no air left. I saw the terrified faces of my family. Eli and Andrea were scared, my dad was worried, and my mother . . .my mother. She had a look on her face that I had never seen before. A look of terror and sympathy. For the very first time, I saw her brunette hair. Suddenly, I felt a massive wave of pain drown me. I fell onto the floor and winced in pain. "Why don't you come get her? She is your daughter after all," the man mocked. I was lifted up by a force and the ropes disappeared. I felt dark hands hold me on my shoulders and shook me ever so slightly. Everyone just stayed put. "Oh look at you. The beautiful Elsa. With hair as white as snow," the man said mocking my mother. I saw her look at him with great sadness, tears welling in her eyes. "And Jack, the lucky father of this beautiful princess," he said to my dad. My father was furious with him, I could tell by the look on his face.

"Let go of my daughter! NOW!" he barked at the man. He was tightening his grip on my shoulders and it was starting to hurt.

"Okay," he replied slyly. I felt another wave of pain surge through me, much more painful than the first. I got an intense headache. I felt myself get thrown off from where I was and almost landed in a faceplant. My hands stopped me from hurting myself due to the fall but the pain inflicted in me was still there. My mother ran to me to nurture me and protect me while my dad and aunty Phoenix stood guard in front of us. "Don't you try us!" my aunt threatened. But the man didn't seem to be the least bit intimidated. "I will be back. Expect your next visit to be surprising," I heard the man say. As soon as those words came out of his mouth, the man vanished.