Chapter 4: Drama on the Dance floor

It’s now like 8:30 and Lauren and I are getting ready. I put on a florescent pink dress decked out in silver and pink diamond. Then I had on hot pink pumps and a pair of feather earrings. Lauren had on a meridian blue tight dress that shaped her curves with meridian blue pumps and a name chain that said Lauren. As always, we looked fly!

“You ready cuz’ Jeremiah’s down stairs.” I say.

“Yeah, let’s go” says Lauren

We took the girls to Mrs. Nolasco (Arianna’s babysitters) house.

“Hey babe” I say when get into the car and kiss him.

“You look beautiful” he says

“Thank you”

When we get into the party we see everybody dancing to the song “Bruck It Down by Mr. Vegas“

Girl this party is hot!” I say to Justine.

“Thanks, yall want some food”. She asks.

“Yeah what you got”

“Fried Chicken, Mac & Cheese, Biscuits, Lo Mein, Fries, Onion Rings, Fried Rice ….” At that point I just blanked her out. That was too much food! She act like the end of the world was commin’ and only food can save the day!

While Jeremiah talkin’ to his friends, my ex, Drew, started staring at me.

So I see you came with that unprofessional football kid, ya ‘know he really can’t throw.” Says Drew

“Drew, What do you want” I ask

“I just want to dance with you and maybe even…..”

“Listen I’m cuffed – what part of that didn’t you get the last, let’s see 1,2,3,4 times you asked me?”

“So your gonna’ choose that over me- I mean look at him, the kid has no swag, he can’t throw, and he’s a bumb- that what you really want?”

Well how bout’ this – I’d rather take a kid that has no swag, that can’t throw, and a bumb than to get wit’ a scrawny, bumb ass’, fish neck, cheater, and liar that can kiss my ass!” I say.

“You know what f –“

“Is there a problem that I need to handle, Alasia.” Says Jeremiah.

“My nigga’ I wasn’t talkin to you so move!” says Drew

“What?!” Jeremiah says as he’s ballin his fists up ready to fight. “Yo don’t f***in talk to me like that……I’m not no f***in lil’ boy!”

“Ay - Yo! “ Drew says as he’s calling his boys to start a fight.

Everyone starts clapping to hype up the fight. I Love the way my man stood up for me! That’s why he’s my boo.

They just stand their staring at each other. Jeremiah and Drew never liked each other. When Jeremiah was in the 7th grade he was overweight. So Drew and his boys would always bully him, especially because he always got good grades and because he was the best football player. When Jeremiah transferred to a different school he joined the track team and lost all of his weight. When he transferred back to his old school in the middle of 8th grade, all the girls fell in love with him, including me, and drew started being his usual hater self.

“Come on babe lets go dance – we don’t have time for haters “I say as I take his hand to go dance.

As Jeremiah and I are dancing to the song Cake by Rihanna and Chris Brown, we see Drew starin at us. Then he takes Sierra by the hand and tries to dance with her. She’s been trying to get with Jeremiah for a long time so now she’s trying to dance all sexy on Drew so Jeremiah will get jealous. While I was twerking on Jeremiah he pulls me closer to him and starts banging my behind into his front part. Then when I get up, as were grinding he starts feeling on my behind and stars rubbing my leg. That was it, I mean I know we were having fun but he was taking it to the head. Now he was trying to act like them. So I pushed him off of me.

“Stop” I say

“What?!” he says

“Why you tryna’ act like them” I say

“We were just having fun”

“Maybe a little too much fun…ya think”

“Look you wanna go home cuz’ you actin’ like a lil brat”

“Excuse me!?” I ask. This nigga better calm himself because it’s about to get pure fire up in here!

“Well yes! The brat wants to go home now because her jackass boyfriend don’t wanna follow thing 1 and thing 2 over there…… better yet ill’ take myself home!” I yell as I’m grabbing my stuff

“Wow so you’re flipping out for no reason! Fine then take your stank ass and leave!” He says. I was so surprised that he even spoke to me that way. He’s never even dared to talk to me that way.

My nigga don’t get punched in your face cuz’ I’m really not in the F***in mood right now!” I yell as he’s staring at me.

“Whatever man leave” he says.

“That’s exactly what I’m doing” I say as I slam the door.

When I went home lied on my bed and cried my eyes out while listening to Love by Keyshia Cole.  I missed my baby