Chapter 8

This is the first day of Kris working at the café.
Amber walked into the kitchen after getting orders.

This is so weird... why is he working here... I've been seeing him at school and now here too...

Amber handed a piece of writings to Kris,
" Pumpkin bread pudding and scones... " mumbled Kris. " Your handwriting is... Messy. "
She turned her head immediately while she was about to leave the kitchen.
" WHAT! " " It's not that messy, at least you can read it. " she said. Kris laughed.

Amber left the kitchen and walked through the corridor and saw Krystal waving at her standing in front of the female washroom.
" Uhh... how can I help you?" asked Amber.
" R-Remi, where's the washroom? " asked Krystal acting all stupid.
" Right behind you? " said Amber pointing behind her.
" Oh yea... I didn't notice... I was wandering cause I saw you... " said Krystal. Grabbing Amber's hand all of a sudden, she got startled. She placed her hand on her waist and stepped closer.
" K-krys- Miss. I don't think it's appropriate to do these kind of things here... " said Amber trying to avoid her gaze. Krystal touched Amber's face with her fingers, " Your skin is so smooth. What the heck. " Amber shut her eyes closed and tried to escape.
" Remi. Such a handsome and precious young man... " Krystal ran her fingers to Amber's buttoned shirt.

Oh no... Not there!

An arm came between Amber and Krystal causing Krystal to get her hand off her chest.
" I'm so sorry. But Remi is working 24/7 just for me. " said Kris with a smirk.
Amber widened her eyes looking at Kris,

Does he have some kind of magic? He comes right on time when I need help...

" What the- Go away. You keep bothering him and me all the time like we were having a moment... " said Krystal but got cut off by Kris. He held Amber's head and pulled her into his arm and hugged her from behind, resting his head above hers.
" Huh. Don't worry, I'll come back tomorrow and have low calories cookies as usual, Remi. " winked Krystal. She went out to the girls and led them leave.

Kris and Amber were staying in the same position as Kris hugged her tight.
" K-kris. You can let go of me now. " said Amber.
" No. "
" Dude. If someone saw us... "
" Then they'll know something. Like Remi serves me 24/7 and Remi is gay. "
Amber rolled her eyes.
Kris ran his hand higher slowly toward where Krystal was touching, " Hmmm... if I didn't come on time, you might've been exposed. "
" Probably not. I have protection for my identity. Hey! Where are you touching!! " she pinched his hand and escaped from his tight hug when he was yelling in pain but silent.
" Are you sure? Or you're just so flat that..."
She pretended that she couldn't hear anything and stomped away in anger.