Chapter 12

" First obstacle is the hill climbing! A lot of students already can't go through this obstacle! " said the announcer.

Amber quickly jumped through the board within seconds. (reference: that pic of amber climbing through the board from the spartan race)

" Second obstacle! Is going through the pool by running on the floaty. Wow! Amber and Tom are leading! "

Pant-pant-pant-

The sounds of them running are loud, they both were sweating like crazy just for beating each other.

Tom took a glance at Amber who's running on the side of the pool and he's beside her.

It's time.

Amber felt a strong force on her right shoulder pushing her towards the pool.

Dang it.

She closed her eyes tightly as she felt herself in mid air (the pool is pretty deep so let's just say she's still in mid air) An arm ran under her legs and another behind her back. She opened her eyes.
(yes u guessed it)

" Kris? Again? "

He pulled her back to the side of the pool from falling into it. He put her down gently.
" W-why... why are you here? The heck? You weren't here the whole time. " asked Amber.

" I don't know. I just saw Tom pushing you when I came, so i guess it's right to pull u back. " said Kris.

" Never mind. I-I mean thanks. I have to go now, i can't lose to him... "
He grabbed her arm,
" Just leave it to me, it's time for you to rest, Miss President. " said Kris giving her a smirk and ran across the pool. Amber stood there looking at Kris, " He's fast... shoot! I'm losing! "

" Third obstacle requires contestants to carry a bean bag, at the same time, dodge all the balls thrown. "

" Excellent! Three of leading contestants dodged the balls perfectly while carrying the heavy bean bag! Unfortunately, there's a few contestants left behind as some of them were disqualified. "

I cannot lose to Tom... I'm gonna win it...
" Looks like we see who's the first place already! Tom is leading and Kris is the second! Will Kris go faster to run over T- Wow! Amber's like burning fire at the back, looks like she's not gonna let anyone else touch the first place' prize. "
The girls cheered as they saw Amber on the track again, slowly getting closer to Kris.

Kris ran faster and ran next to Tom, Tom looked at Kris again. He gritted his teeth. Looking at the finishing line just a few meters away. He purposely used his leg to trip Kris over, Kris jumped over his leg while his arm placing on his shoulder.
" Sorry buddy, cheating never wins. " said Kris.

" The first who ran through the finishing line is Kris! " announced Key. The girls squealed as they found out it's Kris, everyone's crush... except Amber?
Amber sighed in relieve somehow as its not Tom. She saw Tom kneeling in front of the finishing line, she ran towards the finishing line over Tom.
" Amber Liu got second!! And... Tom... gets third. "

The girls ran towards Amber giving her towels and water, " You did a great job! "
" You were so good out there! "
" We're so proud of you! "
She smiled.
" Congratulations to Kris who won the prize of getting a peck on his cheek from any student of his choice! "
" I forgot about this... I'm sorry girls, i couldn't win it... " she said.
" Amber, it's totally fine, it's Kris! The most popular guy. I wonder who he chooses... " said a girl. Amber was regretting every decision she made to have this happening.
" So Kris, who are you picking? Looks like the girls are very excited. " announced the announcer.
" Wait. People kissing me? I'd rather have myself kissing somebody. " he looked at Amber as he said that. She rolled her eyes.
" Well. I don't think its possible- "
" Then I don't need the prize anymore, I'll just leave it to Miss President. "
Kris handed the card to Amber.
" So since the prize is now Amber's, who would you pick? "
" Uh... I- I actually- oh!  "
All the girls ran to her and gave her kisses on her cheek, Amber blushed and said thank you to the girls. Well... the boys on the other side died of their jealousy.

End of the meet
" Hey! " Amber ran to the tall guy standing in front of the vending machine. He turned around seeing the tomboy in her black vest (yes the iconic one) and basketball shorts running towards him.
" I don't know why do you help me all the time or appear whenever i need yo- i mean help, but thank you. " she said looking at him.
" I need you. That's what you meant. I'll be there whenever Miss President needs me, by your side always. So you owe me again? " said Kris bending down a little.
" Y-yea. "