Chapter 10

Amber hid behind a rack of tuxedos, staring at the guy who just came out of the VIP room.
The man was wearing a white tuxedo with a purple tie, looking handsome.
She scanned him from his legs to his body and Kris!?
She tried to calm herself as she was making noises behind the rack. She stared at him,
he's rich huh.
Not only an expensive tux but VIP too.
And that suits him well... NO NOT HIM, me. I would've wore it better.
" Can I wear this now? " asked Kris.
" Of course! " replied the staff.

" Let's go! " said Luna, standing in front of the rack that she was hiding behind.
" He left! Be quick, we're gonna lose him!" she said.
I really don't know him that well...

They followed him to a restaurant, seeing Kris going into the restaurant.
" It's a high ranked restaurant... " murmured Luna. " Let's go! "
" What?! We can't just go in there... "
They went to the waiter, " What can I help you? "
" Our friend invited us here but seems like she hasn't arrived yet, can we have seat first? " asks Luna.
" Sure, please follow me. " the waiter guided them to a table across Kris' .
" This is the menu, would you like to- "
" We'll have water, we'll take orders later. Thanks. " said Luna.
Amber had her jaw dropped, seeing Luna's acting skills.
" Seriously, you should join the drama club. " said Amber.
" Pfft~ I'm too good for them. " whispered Luna. " Let's focus on Kris. " They both turned their heads looking at Kris. He was talking to the waiter, sitting on a table with another seat.
" Seems like he's waiting for someone... who would it be? " murmured Luna.
" Waiting for someone? Nah. This alien has no friends. " said Amber.
" Then he won't be at this kind of high ranked place if he's alone. It must be his family... or his girlfriend! " said Luna, Amber looked away.
" Ah... "
" What's the matter? Wow. " asked Luna, looking at the same way Amber's looking at. A beautiful lady with wavy brown hair and green eyes in a navy dress came in, searching for someone.
" She finally came, she must be the one Kris was waiting for. " said Luna.
The lady walked to his direction, Kris lifted his hand.
" He greeted her... "
Amber felt disappointed and stared at the ground instead.
" What? The lady's with the table behind Kris. "
She looked up, the lady sat down with someone at the table behind Kris' and Kris was talking to a waiter.
" Oh... " said Luna.
" Sorry, I want to go home earlier... " said Amber, standing up from her seat.
" Amber... " said Luna, watched her leaving the restaurant.

She walked on the street herself as she took off the disguise and threw them into the bin.
It's ok! I'm not even interested in his life.
After a while of walking alone, the sky became darker.
Kris?
He was squatting at the side of the street patting a puppy, he held the puppy in mid air with his huge hands. And suddenly the puppy bit his finger.
" Ahahahahahahahahahaha!! " laughed Amber.
Kris side eyed her. " They say animals can see through human's heart and identify a person's kindness... but animals never liked me... " said Kris.
" Kris, you're a nice guy. You may look cool and annoying sometimes but deep inside you're really kind. Even when you know it will hurt you, you still pick up the abandoned puppy. " said Amber.
" Are you sure I'm nice? Don't you think that I'm doing all these cuz I know you're behind me? " said Kris.
" You're not that type of person- wait. SO YOU KNOW WE WERE FOLLOWING YOU THE WHOLE TIME! YOU BROUGHT US TO WEIRD PLACES MADE US ACT WEIRD, YOU IDOT! YOU WASTED MY PRECIOUS TIME! "
" How can I not recognise you in such weird fashion you were wearing. " said Kris.
" I know it's weird, I didn't even wanna wear it at the first place. "
" But it's an honour. "
" What? "
" That Miss President has interest in me. "
" Uh. No. "
" Actually, if you've asked me. I would've gave you my everything. Here's my address. " Kris handed Amber a memo from his pocket.
" I don't need it. " Amber threw the memo on the floor. Kris pouted.
" It's just I don't know what you're thinking the whole time so I followed you... but after this whole thing, I realised that I have no interest in your life. It's none of my business. " said Amber.
" So you don't wanna know what my family looks like, what are my relationships with them, no matter who I'm around, you still love me? " said Kris.
" What! How can you come up with a conclusion like that! It's late now, go home, idiot. " yelled Amber.
" You can come over too, by the way. " said Kris.
" In your dreams. " she said.
They walked in separate direction, Kris held the puppy close to him.

Mid-night
Amber was studying in front of her desk, she opened her hand, revealing the memo Kris gave her on her palm. He wrote his address with his neat handwriting. She clipped the memo in her planner, turned off the lamp and went to sleep.

In her planner ( view)
The day next to tomorrow was written: Athletics Meet
800m, 100m, 1000m, high jump, Obstacle Race.
MUST BEAT ALL THE BOYS