Chapter One | The Four Gryffindors

Hermione and Ariana awake already, all dressed and prepared to leave. As per usual, the two boys had fallen straight back asleep after their alarm had been shut up with the slam of a hand. Mr and Mrs Weasley were taking the family out to watch the World Quidditch Cup and had acquired tickets for Ariana, Harry and Hermione.

The brunette girl had only just arrived, so Ariana awoke and joined her friend. They sat and talked for half an hour, catching up on the events of their holidays. Hermione had been concerned about her friend's new condition, asking how she was doing at least three times before Ariana hastily changed the subject. Hermione, as usual, had enjoyed a sweet treat upon her arrival to the Weasley residence. Her parents were both dentists, who both prohibited Hermione from eating sugary sweets while she was home, and Ariana knew this.

The girls chatted about the Quidditch Trillenium Stadium as well, having never been before. While most spectators would talk about the players and teams, which the pair did briefly, they mostly talked about the enchantments in place around the arena to prevent Muggles accidentally wondering onto the grounds. The Ministry of Magic had used a task force of 500 to find a spot and prepare, then placed Muggle-repelling charms around the site. They caused any Muggles that wondered close to suddenly remember appointments... fascinating.

Mrs Weasley shouted upstairs to the boys, and her voice, amplified by Ariana's supernatural senses, was enough to make her grimace in discomfort.

"Ariana, Hermione, could you go and fetch the boys for me, please?" the woman enquired, not waiting for an answer before rushing off to prevent the twins from ruining breakfast.

The pair of Gryffindors journeyed up to the top of the crooked house, climbing a generous amount of stairs that creaked ever so slightly when they stepped on them. Ariana knocked on the door, hearing the boys sleepily talking on the inside.

"Come in," said Ron with a yawn.

Ariana and Hermione entered, taking all aspects of the room. Posters of Ron's favorite Quidditch team, the Chudley Cannons, were whirling and waving on the walls and sloping ceiling. Ron's old rat, Scabbers, was here no more (much to the white-haired witch's glee) but instead there was the tiny gray owl. It was hopping up and down in a small cage and twittering madly.

"Shut up, Pig," said Ron groaned, perched on the edge of his bed. His hair was sticking up in all directions, looking like a small fire.

"You two are a sight for sore eyes," Ariana said in an amused, sarcastic tone, looking at the boys.

"Nice to see you too, Ariana," Harry retorted, putting his glasses on. His hair never lay down, but on this occasion, it was even worse than usual, a he had just woken up.

Ariana breathed a laugh, giving her friend a hug. "It's nice to see you, Harry."

"You too," he replied kindly, with a smile, then greeted Hermione too.

"Where's Crookshanks?" he asked once the 'hellos' had been dealt with.

"Out in the garden, I expect," she said. "He likes chasing gnomes. He's never seen any before."

"Percy's enjoying work, then?" said Harry, sitting down on one of the beds and watching the Chudley Cannons zooming in and out of the posters on the ceiling.

"Enjoying it?" said Ron darkly. "I don't reckon he'd come home if Dad didn't make him. He's obsessed. Just don't get him onto the subject of his boss. According to Mr. Crouch... as I was saying to Mr. Crouch... Mr. Crouch is of the opinion... Mr. Crouch was telling me..."

"I imagine they'll be announcing their engagement any day now," Ariana added with a snort, having been bugged by Percy non-stop since she arrived, though she didn't pick him up, as his parents had been so kind as to keep her despite her... issues.