Perfect Imperfect Night

The apartment was barely lit with only one light on. A shadow crept on the wall as one of the owners of the place shuffled from the living room to the kitchen. The once radio filled room had now turned to silence when the radio was turned off. It was the end of the news from the voice of Night Vale, Cecil Palmer. The owner of the the apartment enjoyed the show just like everyone else in the town did. Almost seemed like it was forced to be watched, but who truly knows if that was true. At the end of each show, the owner knew that soon he wouldn't be alone anymore. Soon he'll see a familiar face enter his life once again.

The front door of the apartment creaked open shining artificial light from the streetlight across the street into the place. Another shadow grew on the floor showing that someone else had entered. Shoes were kicked off when the door was closed once again. The colorful sneakers laid on their sides against the wall. A hand fumbled for the light switch on the wall. It took practice to figure out where that was in the darkness, but after a few minutes the figure was able to find it and flick it on. 

All the figure, who had now had been soaked with light from above, hoped that he didn't wake the other who lived in the apartment. With all the lights off except one sort of gave a feeling that the other was sleep. With faint footsteps get louder showed that the other person who lived there wasn't asleep or had just woken up. Either way he wasn't asleep. Oh how happy that made the newcomer. 

"I was getting worried about you, Cecil." Spoke the owner of the apartment. His name: Carlos the Scientist. Perfectly imperfect Carlos or so his boyfriend called him. Those darken curls lined his features like artwork. He was the color of melted caramel with chocolate eyes. Truly melted Cecil's heart with just one look at him.

Now Cecil, Carlos' boyfriend, had just gotten back from his work at the radio station. He was the voice of Night Vale. The one to inform the town of news and everything else. Tired eyes had shown he was working too hard that day. It wasn't that bad, it's just being without an intern can load Cecil with work. The last intern he had had gone to get reports from Station Management and well hasn't been heard from since. Though Cecil had a feeling they might come back. Though if an intern wasn't back in about an hours time or before the radio show ended there was a high chance that the intern wouldn't be coming back and another report of a missing intern would be told on the radio. It happened too often, but no one noticed this.

Once Cecil had caught eyes with his boyfriend, he glided across the hardwood floors in his socks. His arms snaked around Carlos into a warm yet chilly embrace. The chill air had wrapped Cecil in a blanket and Carlos was a toasty marshmallow he wanted to warm up again. He was so glad to see him tonight. Sometimes he wasn't able to catch him before he went to bed. Tonight, Cecil thought, was going to be filled with nothing but sweet affection to Carlos. Which it was after Carlos had made Cecil eat supper that he had made a few hours ago. It had been a while since they had ate a decent meal together. Hopefully that could change over the weekend. Carlos wanted another date soon.

Doors were locked, most of the lights were once again off but the bedroom, and soft sounds from the record player playing a vinyl of classical rock filled the room. Most of the room anyway while the other part was filled with sweet sounds of affection from both of the men under the sheets. It wasn't anything subtle like some nights, but quiet enough not to be heard through the walls. No one didn't want to be complaining at this time of night. Another complaint wouldn't go well with the neighbors.

Once the needle kept skipping on the last note, whispers came from one of them tangled in the bed sheets. Creaks from the bed echoed in the darken room as one climbed out of the bed to pull up the needle and turn off the record player. Silence filled the air which was perfect to sleep in. Everything in that room was perfect to Cecil. Sure the room was a disaster with all the clothes scattered everywhere since the two barely had time to clean, but it was still perfect. Perfection with the perfectly imperfect Carlos sleeping next to him. It was a perfectly imperfect night to both of the sleeping men tangled in bed sheets.

_______________________________________
Author's Note: Hi! 800 something words. Its short I know. I just wanna say that the intern's death was from a friend. Speaking of it, Hi my Carlos friend~