Unknown Boyfriend

Morning was just a word that humans explain that the sun was waking up and as well with humans. The blinds weren't doing the best job of holding back the sun, since some of the rays poked at Cecil's eyes telling him to wake up. Surprised that his alarm didn't go off, but he just blamed it on time itself again. Maybe he already hit the snooze button and just forgot.  Time seemed to be the enemy lately to Cecil. It took a few minutes for the tired radio host to wake up. 

A few light clashes came from the kitchen echoed down the hall and into the bedroom where Cecil was trying to get himself out of bed. The sudden sounds woke up everything and even caused some panic to flood through the man. His fight or flight nerves were buzzing all around. Leaning over the bed, he had found... a baseball bat? He couldn't remember owning a baseball bat? He didn't have the time to look for a different weapon, so the baseball bat will have to do the trick for now. Better than nothing. Quietly, he climbed out of bed in just his constellation covered pajama pants and headed to the kitchen. He needed to find the reason of the noise in the apartment.

He wasn't as light on his feet as he wished to be, since it seemed like the intruder had heard him. Stepping out from behind the opened cabinet door was a man. In one quick motion, Cecil hid the bat behind him to make sure this man didn't see it. This man had dark, rich black locks outlined the man's caramel skin. Milk chocolate eyes seemed to glisten in the kitchen lights. A smile was dressed on the man's face. A grey NASA T-shirt and black and white plaid pattern pajama pants covered the man's body. Then the intruder spoke with a creamy voice that was cheerful.

"Morning sleepy head. I was about to check on you darling."

This confused Cecil. This doctor, just invited himself in. A glance at the clock showed him that he still had a few hours before the doctor should arrive, but here he was. In the kitchen making breakfast. Never had any doctor ever broken in his house. How did he even get in? He swore that he locked the door last night before getting into bed.

"Carlos? You aren't suppose to be here until... eight." Cecil spoke in a somewhat confused. He had placed the bat against the doorway to the kitchen.

"What do you mean? We live together. Don't you remember?" There seemed to be fear slowly coloring his tone. How could Cecil forget that he lived with his boyfriend? 

"I live alone. I've been living alone since I moved out of my family's house." He took a step closer to Carlos.

"I live here with you, Cecil. I have for a few months now." Carlos gave a worried look at Cecil. He wasn't sure how to fix this. "I'm not going to hurt you, Cecil. I'll never--"

"I live alone. You should know that." He growled cutting into Carlos' statement. "Look if you have no business here, then leave." He added before grabbing the baseball bat.

Cecil's raised voice spooked Carlos. Maybe it was best to leave and come back to the problem later. It didn't make any sense on why Cecil would explode on him. Scared him. Was it something he said last night? He hoped not. He grabbed his lab coat and headed out of the apartment. It was too early to report to the lab, but it seemed like it was the only place to go this early. No one would be there so it would be quiet. He would be able to rethink on what happened. There was a scientific explanation on why this happened and Carlos was going to find out. 

  ☆ ☆☆☆ 

Alone in the lab, Carlos was tapping the dry erase marker on his chin looking at the board covered in ink. Faint dots of red were being drawn on his face while he was doing this. He had written down what had happened this morning in the kitchen and what had happened the night before. (Plus cute little doodles of science covered in hearts.) Nothing was adding up. Never had he seen his boyfriend raise his voice at him or even provoke violence. 

Two columns were written on the board. This morning and Last night. Getting up and making breakfast was the only thing written down under 'This Morning'. Dark house, sneaking up to Cecil, cuddles, and sweet talk were all written under 'Last Night'. Carlos couldn't figure out why any of this could connect to Cecil's burst of violence and forgetting about him living in the same house. This seemed more like a Sherlock Holmes problem than a scientist one. Carlos was truly stuck.

Then a small hypothesis popped up in his mind. The only way he could test this out was to contact Abby. Abby knew Cecil better than anyone, better than Carlos himself. All he hoped was she could help explain what happened. So that's what Carlos did. He called up Abby waiting for an answer.

"Hello?" Spoke a soft silk voice from inside the phone.

"Hi, Abby? It's Carlos. I was wondering if I could stop by later today. It's about Cecil." Carlos spoke in a sadden tone. He hated talking about his boyfriend behind his back, but it didn't seem like it was his boyfriend but it was. 

"Yeah sure. I'm free around one later today. I'll love to chat with you."

___________________________

Author's Note: Hopefully this is gonna make sense in the future.