Chapter 3

„So? How would you like to spend the rest of today?"

Vesemir stood up, pulling me with himself since his arm was still in my firm grasp.

"Well, whatever you will decide to do I hope you will enjoy. I have work to attend to."

Wendy said, walking into the busy streets. Before she could be lost in the many people, she turned around.

"If you want to see me perform, come to 'The Poisonous Lily'!"

An imaginary kiss was blown the younger Witchers way, but he didn't seem to be phased by it. Just shrugged and followed us back into the household. We spend most of the day talking and didn't even realize how fast the day had gone by, soon it would be dark out. 'I guess that's what happens when you try to catch-up with someone who you haven't seen for so long...' I was in the kitchen, preparing something to chase the hunger away for us all. 'Just a simple chicken soup should do.' It didn't take long for the meal to be served. We all sat around the table.

"(Y/N), how about a horse ride after this? You always love it when we do them. Ann, Geralt, you can tag along on Roach. How does that sound?"

"You can't be serious. I'd rather a woman rides me, not my horse. I'm not gonna be a part of this."

"Geralt, that's rather inappropriate, don't you agree? We are the guests at the moment, not to mention I would like you all to get along."

"Does going to that brothel girl count as 'spending time together'?"

After that, Geralt was gone, and since Ann couldn't ride a horse on her own, she stayed at home while me and Vesemir took off on a nice little relaxing ride. The wind was gently playing with my hair, which was bothering Vesemir greatly since it somehow always ended up in his face, no matter how many times he pushed it behind my ear so it won't get out of place. Just as we arrived at the destination, a top of a small cliff, the sunset shone brightly and magnificently into distance. Everything was orange and pink, the clouds looked so soft. The time seemed so slow.

"What was that?"

Vesemir turned around, taking out his silver blade. I turned my head in the direction he was facing, but before my body could react, I felt a stinking pain in my arm. That is the last thing I remember before falling to the ground. A shriek of a monster.